Chapter 50

Hayat Aslan's POV

I was extremely worried about the little girl. She was a genius and surely she would never forget whatever was happening with her. I felt so helpless. "Are you worried about the kid?" Murat passed me the hot chocolate.

"I am. I know how painful it is to have one bad incident in your childhood but she must be going through constant abuse. I don't think she hits her, but you can do a lot more damage without even touching."

"You must relate to her." Murat said in a low voice.

"I was not abused, Murat. Someone close to me did not take any advantage of me. She was supposed to be safe with her grandmother but..." I just couldn't finish it.

I hoped it didn't do much damage to her but her drawings said otherwise. Those drawings were beautiful but the haunted feeling came out of it, it was soul wrenching.

When I went to the house to see them again. I hoped to see it at least decent like last time. It was so bad. The whole house had broken things and little pieces were scattered around.

"You again?" That old woman shouted.

"You are acting like you were not expecting me. You keep your house like this? I am sure child care people and Selim would like to say one or two things about it. It may affect Celina."

"Her name is Aada!"

"Since when? Her father told me her name is Celina. Anyway, I would like to meet with her." I was instigating her for obvious reasons.

I got into the little girl's room and her room was a mess as well. The girl got away from me as if my presence burnt her. "Celina you don't need to get away from me."

"My name is Aada and grandma said you are bad."

"You believe her? You saw her breaking things but she blamed me for breaking things. You thing I am bad? Who broke these paintings then?"

She didn't say anything but kept her head low. I saw her unfinished painting in front of her. "Do you want to finish it? Can I watch?"

She replied nothing and started to paint. I slowly sat beside her. I could not believe that I told this little girl to judge who was actually a bad person. She was just a baby but witnessing so much in such fragile age.

She was painting something dark. If anyone first saw it they might think that it was night sky but the shadows could haunt anyone.

"There are lots of demons around us. We need to fight them constantly. They will try to bring us down but we need to save ourselves. It's not wrong to ask for help from others."

I said and I was not sure if she would actually do it. She just needed to say it and everything would move according to the plan.

"If we ask for help then people will help?" She asked innocently. My heart broke, I just smiled and nodded.

"Then can you help me with my grandma?" I knew what was coming after that. That's why I took her into my arms and the door burst open with a scream.

I did not turn around because I was shielding the little girl. I could feel that our plan worked as I could feel thrashing happening behind us. I peeked and saw that old lady was handcuffed but she tried to free herself. Sensing everything under control, I loose my hold on Celina. She stretched her neck to see what's going on. Her eyes lit up and she literally got up before running towards the door.

"Papa!"

Nandini Arora's POV

A huge red rose bouquet came for me in my hotel room. "Confidence only suits smart and beautiful women like you."

I raised my eyebrow and crashed the card in my hand. "Really, Manik? You have a way to ruin everything. It sounds so wrong in so many levels." I shook my head.

"Aww he sent you roses? He really wants to fix everything." Katherine was sitting on the bed and going through her phone.

"Not with these notes." I threw the note in the bin.

The door bell rang, making both of us jump. "Is it Nial? I don't want to face him yet!"

Katherine was looking at me with wide eyes and I was like WTF. "Why not? You did nothing wrong then why are you hiding? You can't keep him away from him. He will come around and propose you. Just reject his ass, he deserves it."

She sighed. "You are right. That stubborn man will never give up. I still have my debts to pay. So, I can't avoid my boss for long."

She was the one who went ahead and opened the door. "Sir, you have a conference call in twenty minutes." With that, she picked her professional image and plastered it.

"Cancel it." He said angrily.

"You already canceled many meetings with them. If you cancel it again then all of them are going to cancel you." She said with a sass and walked out.

Nial followed Katherine and after that I looked at Manik. He was looking at those roses with a frown and he looked pissed off. He sent those flowers then why he would be angry.

"Looks like miss famous designer, already got some admirer." He gritted his teeth.

"What nonsense? You want to break your teeth? Strop gnashing them!" I raised my voice a little.

"So, who was it? Some normal admirer or boyfriend like you wanted?" He was straight up accusing me like I cheated on him. It was making me angry. He sent those flower to frame me? But why?

"You seriously doing this? Accusing me for something like that? What do you exactly want?"

"You know what I want."

"And I told you that it's not possible. If you can not wait then I find someone else. I am not going back to you like that. I am going back to India today itself. Too much going on there." I huffed.

"I am not going to find someone else. Fine, I will find guys for you to date who will give you flowers like this."

I frowned at him. "Why are you even angry about the flowers when it's you who sent them?"

"I did what? I didn't sent you anything." He frowned back. I was just looking at him dumbfounded. I looked towards the flowers and mumbled,

"Then who...."

.......................................

Chapter 51 is available on Inkitt.