Chapter 47

Hayat Aslan's POV

"Did you tell your mother that I was going pay them a visit?" I asked as I walked down in a good neighborhood.

"Yes, she will never let you in if I didn't mention it to her. Thank you for helping me out." Selim said and I shook my head.

"You thanked me countless of times. It's not a big deal. I got an excuse to get away from the hospital. It don't feel like I am on a leave. I am always on the hospital. Grandma and My little nephew are doing much better so, I really don't need to go there."

"That's the problem with us, we can't live without the hospital. Anyway, are you close to my house?" He asked and I took a deep breath.

"I hope so. I am actually lost as there are so many lanes. Those signs are keeping me going. You said something about the red building. I am near it. I need to find your house." I said and looked around.

"You will need to find a green house next." Selim instructed and I was like, he could have given me the actual address but he said that I would not find it like that anyway.

"Yeah, I saw it. The house next to it is yours right?"

"Yes, the brown and white one. Ring the bell only for twice. My mother won't open it if you do more and less." He said and I laughed.

"Woah, she sounds like a very disciplined woman."

"She needs everything in the right place and should be done in a correct way, always. I wanted to take her to a doctor because she always was not like this. But she was like, I was making her look crazy, that's how I treat my mother." He sighed.

"It's not new. Psychological patients do this but you shouldn't have let it go and then you left your daughter here. How old is she again?" I didn't remember if he told me his daughter's age.

"She is turning four. Extremely talented, my girl is blessed with all my good genes."

I laughed again, "Okay, I am here and I am about to ring the bell."

"Good luck. Don't forget to ring the bell twice."

I didn't forget and rang the worn out bell twice. I stood a little away from the door because what if the flung it on my face? The door slowly opened and I suddenly got chill. The old woman didn't look too happy to see me. She was giving me cold stare.

"Hello, mam. I am Hayat, Selim's colleague. He told me to come and check on you and your granddaughter."

"We are fine. No need to check on us." She clearly was not willing to let me in.

"Well, I am sure that's what you told your son as well but I am here for the vision. He will relax after getting both confirmation." Years of patience practice was coming handy.

She reluctantly let me in. The house was simple and clean. Too clean for a kid to live there. Everything was spotless, nothing was away from it's place. It certainly do not look like a home. "Nice house. Where is the baby?"

"She is not a baby."

"She is a three year old child, she is a baby. Where is she? She seemed to be a very calm kid because the house would look like a chaos." I indirectly told her that it was suspicious.

"I taught her to be well behaved." She said proudly. "She stays in her room most of the time." A shiver ran through my spine by the way she said it.

"Show me her room. I would like to be alone with her."

"You can't, she is just a kid." She said hysterically and I frowned at her. "I am no stranger as I have the consent of her father and I ain't a criminal. Don't worry." I said and went to the door that had Tom and Jerry on it.

She was saying something but I slowly close the door after entering. A little girl was sitting in front of a little canvas. The whole room was full of paintings rather than playthings. I was thinking if it was a setup because there was no way a three year old painted all that.

Nandini Arora's POV

I chose the full dress for me to wear and walk down the ramp. Katherine was helping as Nial instructed her. She did not say anything to me about dating Nial. I thought she would ger angry or stop talking to me but she was acting all normal.

"How are you so quite? I thought you were going to get angry, scream, curse me." I asked which was stupid because all my plans to get her jealous went to the drain.

"I knew you wanted me to do that. You and him ain't sleek. He kissed me after your dating news got out. He blew it out because of his anger and jealousy." She said with a smile.

"That idiot! I thought I will get you and Manik jealous but he blew it. Obviously Manik also didn't believe in that lie." I whined.

"Girl, you want to make Manik jealous? Why though? He already wants to be with you."

"That's the problem. He needs to show me that he is serious about me. Just let's date is not going to help. I wanted to see what he would do."

"You want to torture him? Then do better. Actually date someone for real. You sound confused with Manik and dating for real will clear everything out." I was done with getting ready for the ramp.

"Let me focus on this first." I said and came out of the little space made for the designers to get ready. I went straight to my two models to check if everything was okay. There were fortunately no problem. My one was a evening dress, other two was a cute short dress and another one was funky pants with a crop top. Black velvet and blue glittering went really good together.

Miss Tiara came with her models and all three of them had red velvet clothes. My initial plan was green or red as I was just playing with the materials but decided to go with blue before they were burnt. Rise came close, she did black and white.

"Her designs.. Looks so familiar and basic." She murmured.

"Well, she probably didn't have inspiration. We are not in a competition so it probably didn't matter to her. Now focus on your show, you are up first."

"Do you not know? Even if it's not a competition, they are going to select a winner who created the best dress." I had no idea about it. The website was going to launch our clothes that we had prepared along with few party dresses. It's a big day for me and the company.

Rise went to showcase her dresses along with her models and she nailed it. Rise always had been a great designer. I was hyped up for her and the crowd loved it as well.

After three more designer it was my time. "You ready girls?" I cheered with them went down the ramp. The walk went well, we got lots of cheers and successfully finished the walk. Nial and Manik both were on the audience.

Tiara went on the stage and she totally behaved like a model. But she didn't came back. She wanted to say there.

"I know it's not a competition but I want a fair judgment from everyone that's why I want to show you all something."

"Now what she wants for fair judgment." Rise murmured.

Everyone was waiting for what she was going to show. The screen lit up and the worst thing happened.

It was a picture of me and Nial when we had the so called date.
▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

Chapter 48 is available on Inkitt.