Chapter 37

Hayat Aslan's POV

Murat was taking care of me, fussing over me like a mother hen. I was fine just a little weakness but no, he wanted me to stay at the hospital and the problems started from there.

"I am not staying here anymore. I just need some rest." I got up from the bed, still a little bit dizzy.

"You can rest here." He tried to reason.

"No! I won't be able to rest in this hospital. I will go ahead to check everyone. Also I only like to stay in the hospital to treat patients not for myself."

"Fine, I will ask for a wheelchair." He was about to get out.

"Excuse me? Why do you want a wheelchair? Who is riding that?" I frowned.

"It's for you?" He got confused as well.

"Why would I need that? I can walk." What was he talking about?

"You are not well, you can't walk all the way down."

"Who told you that? I can walk, no need for a wheelchair. It will attract unnecessary eyes and I want to avoid that."

He thought about something and then agreed to it. I had no energy to figure out what he was thinking or planning. I came out of the room and he was trailing behind me like that day.

"Why are you walking behind me?" But he just held my shoulders to keep me from turning towards him.

"Just walk." He said without saying anything else.

"I am uncomfortable like this. Fine, have it in your way. We are leaving the hospital as per my wishes." I guess, I was too excited to get out that I didn't notice that I was not walking slow or taking any safety measures. I didn't see whatever was spilling on the floor and slipped on it.

Thank God, he was right behind me to hold me. The cleaning crew rushed at the scene. A kid spilled something there and they were coming to clean it but I slipped before that.

"I told you to take the wheelchair but no." He said and took me up on his arms.

"What are you doing? Put me down!" I semi screamed.

"I don't want to take any risk. Just accept it that you love to be in my arms that's why you refused to have the wheelchair."

"You are so stupid." I said giving him a 'are you crazy look'.

Wheelchair would have been better, only few people would have stared but the situation changed and the entire hospital forgot what they were doing.

"You successfully managed to embarrass me." I groaned when he placed me inside of the car.

"Those people are nosy. It's not my fault. I was just taking care of you." He shrugged.

"You are probably the only man who is taking care of his runaway fiancé." I said with a laugh.

"Runaway Bride. She also made me realize a lot of things and that changed my life for forever."

"What do you mean?" I frowned at him.

"Umm.. Give it sometime you yourself will realize it."

I was not convinced though. What did I do again?

Nandini Arora's POV

Everyone was working. The designers came, the workers came, the materials reached on time, everything was going pretty good. The workers were working on my designs that I made last night. From the day after, they would start making the designers' designed clothes.

I got the first sample within hours and decided to post it on my social media accounts. I then tagged the company profile that I made before. That's a business account and people can order from there. I wanted to use my influence. People started to follow the company account. It wasn't much but something good was happening.

After multiple meetings and a new order from an old client, we were successfully done for the day. I saw few articles about me trying to revive the almost dead company and how I am connected with it. My personal life was pasted there. The responses were positive everywhere. As I already made a career outside of my father's company. Most of them believed that I could do it.

I was happy with the way we were going. I found Manik in our house, sitting with my mother. I gave them the update for day one. The clothes would be going to the market within two days. The quantity would be less. We would produce more after seeing the demands.

After mom went to set the table, leaving us to talk, I turned towards him. "You contacted the old client, right?"

"He was searching for a company to make clothes for his orphanage, I told him about you and gave him the right direction." He gave me a pointed look.

"Those are for the orphanage?" I was surprised.

"Yes, why? I didn't know designers care about the occasion." Manik said with a hint of confusion.

"I am going to increase the number of clothing. This is the first order and we have the chance to do something good as well."

"Why? So that you can get something good in return?" He asked playfully.

"Something like that." Mom called us to have dinner.

"You go ahead. I will be there within five minutes." After that I went to freshen up.

I was coming down to eat when my phone rang. I was a bit surprised that I got a call from him. "Dave?"

"HI, sweetheart. How are you?" Came his flirty voice.

"I am fine. How are you?"

"I am good. I saw that you are working for your own company."

"My father's company." I corrected him.

"Family business, sweetheart. So, I was thinking if you want to represent that company in the fashion week. I am sure everyone will love to have you on board."

"I am not representing Nial's company, I will be representing a company that's practically non existent in international markets."

"It's going to be a huge promo for the company. A big shot. Think about it."

"I will inform you after I think about it. I just started and it would be a whole new baggage." I said with a sigh.

"I know, darling but you are not a newbie. You are an experienced player."

I needed to discuss it with Manik. Going into the fashion week would be too ambitious. My name would be on the line as well. Gosh, it's tiring to run a business and it's only my first day.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

Chapter 38 is available on Inkitt