Chapter 55 | Pancakes & Blacks

Sitting with her head laying on her now forgiven father's shoulder, having his arm wrapped around her shoulder while she hugged his leather jacket to her body upon him claiming on her behalf that she was freezing, Amelia admired the stars.

    But in the peace, her stomach gave a growl. Sirius looked down at her with a bemused look while she playfully glared at him warning him beforehand not to make fun of her for that. He chuckled asking, "So the lunch and dinner with Harry were not enough, I guess?"

   "Its another day started now, that was about yesterday," She claimed firmly while he couldnt stop himself from chuckling. He stood up offering her his arm to hold which she took and led her downstairs while she accompanied him half way without any question.

   "Where to?" She asked with a little yawn upon reaching on the ground floor of the house, he switched on only one lamp light with his one hand while his other held her tiny one in it, "When was the last time you had pancakes?"

   Her eyes went wide slightly in surprise on the mention of her favourite food. "To be honest, I cant even remember when I said 'pancakes' last time."

   He smiled leading her in the kitchen after switching on the lights, and smiled up at her, "Well then, lets have a father daughter pancake date on the occasion of me having my daughter back."

   "You are pathetically cheesy," She remarked scrunching her nose at him, he matched her expression before picking her up and setting her on the counter, while she found it too quick to even react, "Sit here and enjoy."

    "Hey! I thought I'd help!" She claimed, but he only shook his head with a finger also saying no to her in response, "Nope, I know you can never be a help in kitchen, so better be my audience and learn how to make the best pancakes of the world."

   She crossed her arms and legged with a short glare watching him do everything but she was too sleepy to pay attention. Wearing his jacket which was oversized for her she watched him do it like an art he always enjoyed.

   "Is making pancakes your hobby Dad?" She asked with small sleepy eyes. He turn to look at her and said, "Just like asking silly questions is your."

   She made an angry face when he out flour on the tip of her nose, which was by mistake a little too much that it made her sneeze hard in her opinion but in his opinion it almost sounded like a cat sneezing.

   "Oh, god you're such a baby," He laughed putting her hair behind her ear which had fallen in front of her face due to her sneeze while she glared at him. Her eyes fell on the egg basket that was kept on the other side of her as she picked one egg up making him go wide eyed and threatened, "Dont try to put up the fight, when you know you're gonna lose, Dad."

   "Okay, okay, I am sorry." He raised his hands in surrender going back his work, she hummed approvingly as he accepted his defeat. She watched him do everything while he constantly kept telling her some secret tips to make your pancakes better while she pretended to listen to him humming every frequently when his actual attention was at the egg that she was tossing and catching again and again.

   "Dont play with it Amelia—" Sirius warned her but the little disaster was done as the egg dropped from her hand on the floor, and she looked up at him with her eyebrows raised innocently, "Oops!"

   He shook his head while trying to fight the little smile threatening to form on his face, and flicked his wand wiping away the mess on the floor. In the whole process, Amelia watched her father cook the pancakes and in the meantime she ended up building tiny tuney problems for him, as for one when she was almost dozing off her hand fell into the bowl of batter, making her shriek, but Sirius wiped her hand clean, then she ended up haing the bunch of spoons falling on the counter somehow causing their noise to echo maybe in whole house.