Chapter 31 | The Dursleys

AMELIA felt her face being placed at something soft yet hard, heat radiating of it, and a familiar kind of scent filling her nostrils. Due to it being december she found herself getting closer to it more and more, liking the thing she was nuzzling in.

    "Amelia.." She heard her name being called softly by a familiar voice.

   She just hummed in response, not wanting to open her eyes, she felt her hair being pushed gently out of her face and being tugged behind her ear. Cool fingertips grazing on her cheeks causing goosebumps to rise on her bare arms, she heard her name being called softly again, very much liking the way it was sounding so soft and peaceful. She just felt like she was having a dream.

    Suddenly her breath hitched in her sleep, she realised that it was not her pillow that she was sleeping on. But what exactly was this? Fluttering her eyes open a little slowly, Amelia was greeted by the familiar orbs of striking bright green color. For a moment she felt herself getting lost in the greenery of those eyes.

    "Morning" His raspy voice send chills all along her spine causing her to physically shiver. She found her head being placed on his arms and their faces aligned facing each other.

    She wondered how did she come here? They both always slept maintaining a distance, but what happened tonight. She stared in his eyes which were faintly sparkling due to the sunlight entering their room. She almost got lost in them once again. He was offering her a small smile which she found herself returning too.

    "Merry christmas" He smiled.

    "Merry christmas to you too—" She smiled back but both flinched suddenly very badly as a loud noise from downstairs came. With wide eyes both jerked sitting up straight and ran straight out of their room to see what has happened. So did everyone in the house. Remus, Lyra, Andromeda, Potters, and Sirius came out of their rooms peeking down in the living room to see what has happened.

    It was Estella and George Weasley.

    Estella laughing dancing around confetti all around them and George too smiling widely watching his fiance. This brought a wide smile on Amelia's face seeing George so happy after such a long while. That smile and cheeriness on his face was still nothing compared to the real happiness that used to be there when Fred was by his side. 

    But still, he looked happy, and that was enough.

    "Merry Christmas Everyone!"

***

   "Yes Dad, Amelia and I are going out, we'll back in a two hours though" Harry said to his father while putting on his watch and waited for Amelia to come down after getting ready. Sirius sat there sipping his coffee, Amelia didnt tell nothing about going out to him, Obviously she wouldnt.

    Everyone's eyes darted to Amelia who was coming downstairs, hair half tied, a black dress and her mother's necklace around her neck. Harry offered her a smile as she came and stood beside him. "Ready?"

    "I still dont understand, why do you guys have to go out today? Its christmas, spend it with us" Lily urged a little to her son.

    Estella rolled her eyes giving James the look "Was she this boring even before your marriage when you were hopelessly after her?"

     Lily gaped at Estella, while Remus and Sirius snorted, Lyra smiled smacking her daughter's head lightly. James shook his head and then winked at Lily "She was amazing, and still is"