Chapter 41 | First Kiss

FIRST KISS
(Tysm for 38k views! Ily all!)

***

WITH THEIR FEETS DANGLING FROM a bench, her head placed on his shoulder, and she hugged his jacket tightly, enjoying its warmth and smell, with his arm perfectly wrapped around her waist, both stared in front of them enjoying the view in a comfortable silence.

    The background noise of Ron and Hermione's wedding, ringing faintly in thier ears, but still they could only hear each others heartbeat and breathing, both felt lost yet found.

   Sighing faintly, Amelia's hand reached out to untie her bun, letting her hair fall free and wave in the light breeze hitting their faces. Both were equally surprised to find themselves in a situation like this. A few people watched them sitting there from a distance and decided to not interrupt them as this was really once in a lifetime kind of sight.

   "Mistletoes are beautiful," She remarked in a peaceful voice and he could sense the hint of playfulness in it, as he faintly blushed.

   The memory of what happened between them just a few moments ago kept playing in his mind like a never ending magical series, he kissed her. Finally. He just couldnt believe and as much as he tried to play it cool, it didnt help, he was more flustered than ever.

    Suddenly his mind drifting to their third year, the trip to the forest, almost midnight, she was there, drunk, and then there was a mistletoe again above them. He remembered every milli second of those few moments when he first kissed her, and was sure this time it got even more magical.

    Tonight it felt like the history repeated itself, except tonight she wasnt drunk, and he didnt fear that she'll forget again. Suddenly he wanted to know if she remembers it or not. He didnt know how to begin with it, seeing after sharing a kiss, now she was sitting beside him with her head placed on his shoulder, and his stupid heart never stopping the loud beating.

   "Amelia?" He finally began, buckling up the courage, she hummed silently in response. He continued, "Do you — Do you remember that trip in our third year?"

   She lifted her head up with a little furrowed expression,  meanwhile he could feel his heart coming up in his throat, "I think I do, Draco troubled me a lot there."

   "N-Not that," He gulped, he just didnt know how to say it, "That time– um when you were drunk and you came outside my tent—"

   Just looking at the change of her expression he knew, she remembers. And suddenly he felt his heart flutter. She remembers dammit! She remembers! A tiny voice in the back of his brain yelled at him.  

   "You and I—" He stuttered badle again, "You and I— we— there was a — I mean we —"

   "We kissed." She smiled faintly tearing her gaze from him, he so badly wanted to know if that was a blush.

   "You remember." He said softly with a soft smile.

   "How could I forget it?" She tilted her head at him with a quirky yet a different kind of smile, which was quick to form on his too. He asked matching her tone, "Why?"

   She raised an eyebrow in question, causing him to elaborate, "I mean why— erm why do you remember it? What was so special about it?"

   She gave him a surprised look, seeing his sudden courage and curiousity, he just looked away slowly and heard her sigh, before she softly mumbled, "It was my first kiss ever."