Chapter 10 | Shock

AMELIA DIDNT SPEAK AT ALL WHILE the lunch went on, the company she had was not very much pleasing in her opinion. As soon as the she finished she stood up going to washroom. She didnt like how she didnt feel good again on meeting her godfather after months. She just wanted to leave that very instant.

     After spending what felt like hours in the bathroom she came out only to bump into a hard chest, looking up she saw again, it was her godfather. Cursing her fate mentally, she quickly muttered a sorry moving away to leave but was stopped.

     "Amelia, stop" Remus said in his gentle voice and she halted turning around to face him blankly.

     "Yes?" She asked showing minimal emotion.

     "Whats wrong?" She didnt not have an appropriate answer to this question and couldnt help but stare at him. He held a little desperate sad look, and she feared as she knew what was this about.

      "I have a stomach bug, I am afraid I have to leave soon" She said forcing a smile and instantly turning on her heels to leave.

      "Amelia, listen" Remus called again this time getting a hold of her elbow, she let out an exasperated sigh before turning to him.

     "Come lets sit outside" Remus said softly leading her out in the backyard. She did not fight, knowing there was no escape now. Both sat on the stone pavement outside under a shed watching a beautiful garden maintained by Andromeda.

      "I miss Tonks alot" Remus broke the long silence, Amelia turned to him with a questioning look. Why is he telling me?

     "I know, I do too, I miss everyone too" She admitted looking forward again.

     "I feel bad for Teddy, he—" Remus breathed out cutting himself off with a heavy sigh.

     "He has got us, dont worry" Amelia said offering her godfather a smile. Remus smiled weakly looking at her, a tight knot in his stomach forced him to add further. 

     "And who have you got?"

     She looked away. She could feel his gaze on her face and decided to stay quite. No Amelia you shouldnt stay quite, you've got Sev and Lory, say it—

     "I've got Sev and Lory, I am happy" She said trying to sound genuine with a convincing smile.

     "Are you telling me that or yourself?" Remus asked again. She bit her tongue frowning, she sensed it by now where he was trying to get at. And she did not want this, not today.

     Remus sighed fully turning to her, titling his head but she remained still, fixating her gaze ahead of her. "Amelia, has something happened? You know you can always tell me anything"

     "Those days are gone Remus" She said sarcastically with a dry smile, Remus didnt find it funny and sat there with a stern look. She pursed her lips bitterly looking away from him.

     "What is wrong Amelia, tell me, Lyra told me how many times you denied to her coming to Grimmauld Place, tell me what has happened?" Remus urged and she prevented herself to melt due to his tone.

    "The only thing wrong is, Remus, that you know longer know whats wrong" Amelia said in a slight raised voice annoyance clear in her tone.

    "I am sorry Remus, but lets not talk about all this—"

    "Why?– You should talk about how you feel—"

    "Well I dont." She interrupted sharply turning around to leave.