Chapter 43 | Dinner Arguements

DINNER ARGUEMENTS

AMELIA DIDNT COME OUT OF HER room till the evening, sleeping under the effect of several medicines that were fed to her while she was asleep. Ignoring whatever she said after she woke up, Sirius was first upon calling the healers back and when they arrived they ga eher another medicine to sleep and rest, and since then she had been sleeping.

    When Harry went back to their bedroom with the evening tea, he managed to wake her up and she quietly had tea with him, speaking nothing.

   "I am hungry" She muttered to him without looking in his direction. Meanwhile he was delighted because she atleast spoke something.

   "Okay, the dinner's almost ready, we'll go now," He beamed, "You had been asleep since two days, ofcourse you must be feeling hungry."

   She chose not to say anything and tried to finished her tea. Once done keeping the cup aside, she tried to stand up, but couldn't as her whole body ached due to being on rest constantly for two days.

   "Where are you going?" He asked sightly alarmed as she let out a little yelp.

   "Washroom." She groaned cussing the searing pain in her knee.

   "Wait," Harry said getting up from his place going towards her quickly, he gently put her arm over his shoulder and wrapped his arm firmly around her waist pulling her up from bed, her legs shook slightly due to numbness as she was not able to walk.

   "Yes, slowly," He encouraged her softly, while she turned her head weakly towards him, watching how he was caring for her, like he had never done before. With his grip on her waist he pulled most of her weight against him walking her to the distance.

   "Thanks" She muttered coming out of his grip slowly, going inside holding the wall. He waited for her patiently outside, as soon as he heard the doorknob twitch he turned back to the opening door immediately, gently pulling her hand.

   "I can walk." She said softly, looking up at him but his eyes were focussed on her feet as he nodded and hummed still moving along holding her.

   While descending down the stairs he thought of to pick her up, but glancing at her face, he didnt dare. Suddenly Amelia cursed how long the staircase of the house were. Once she was down along with him and made their way to the dining room, where whole family had already gathered up waiting for them. 

    As she entered the room along with him, all the eyes were on her with wierd combination of looks, worried, scared, confused, everything felt so awkward at the moment. Amelia couldnt not recall it that all these people might be thinking even at the moment that she is a bit insane. They all think she had just a dream.

   Among all the worried faces, only one was different, Sirius', whose face lit up a little with a smile as he saw his daughter walk in and stood up immediately going towards her, "How do you feel right now Amelia?"

  He was quick to take her hand out of Harry's grip holding her, meanwhile Harry's face flickered a little offense and Amelia was all drained of energy to fight anything at the moment so she let him carry her to the dining table.

  Ignoring all the eyes on her, she tried to remain calm and casual at the moment sitting down with Harry beside her. Before her slow hands could move to serve for herself, Sirius already started working on that causing her to feel irritated.

   "Salad?" He asked quietly, but recieved a harsh glare coming from her, as she sneered lowly, "I can serve for myself!"

   Slightly taken aback and a little shocked, Sirius gulped nodding at her slowly and withdrew his hands from her plate. Lyra, who was sitting on the other side of Amelia, tried to make up a short conversation with her by asking about her health to which Amelia's replied were still short and slightly cold.