S I X T Y - N I N E

"About time," Sungho chuckled, blood seeping onto the concrete and staining it like pungent wine. "I was wondering how long you were just gonna stand there."

Jungkook took a step closer, a small, wicked smirk resting on his blood-red lips. "Just till we got rid of all your friends outside."

Sungho's confident facade flickered for a split second, but it was enough. Jungkook's smirk deepened as he clicked back his gun and pointed it at the blond's leg.

"BAM!" The sound echoed, making Taehyung whimper. Sungho poorly muffled his groan, pants heaving out of his mouth as a blotch of red pierced through his calf.

Jungkook let out a chuckle. "You're pitiful, you know? Got so used to having everyone else doing your dirty work that you forgot how to do anything yourself." The raven walked closer, his eyes gleaming with a wicked sort of happiness. "You've gotten so weak," he murmured with a grin.

Taehyung gulped at the expression branded onto Jungkook's porcelain face.

The raven suddenly grabbed Sungho's ankle, lifting up slightly despite the blond's protests as he began dragging the man across the concrete. Yelling and ripping boomed through warehouse as Jungkook threw Sungho across the floor.

There was blood everywhere. It had dropped from the blond's bullet wounds, but now, even his back was slightly bloodied from the brittle, harsh floor. "Fuck!" Sungho screamed as more of the ruby liquid gushed out of his leg wound. "You fucking—"

Jungkook sighed almost like he was bored as he pressed his foot down on Sungho's throat. Crossing his arms over his chest, the raven muttered, "This is too easy; I thought I'd have some more fun with you."

But suddenly a grin spread across Sungho's dusty, blood-flecked face. Jungkook narrowed his eyes, and Taehyung's stomach churned at the sight.

Why is he suddenly smiling? What happened—

Taehyung inhaled sharply as he felt icy, cold metal prick his temple. It's a gun, his thoughts whispered.

"Let him go, Jeon," a new voice ordered from behind the brunet. Taehyung couldn't see the man's face, but he stilled as the man gripped his cocoa hair. "Or else your pretty boy dies."

Jungkook froze, and for a second Taehyung could see the screaming fear that the raven had hid so well under his midnight eyes.

If he even tries pulling out the gun, this man's gonna shoot me. Taehyung smiled softly, and the raven finally, finally made eye contact with him. I'm not scared of death, Kook. I've shook hands with it before, and I can do it again.

Though, I have to admit, Taehyung's boxy smile blossomed, Jungkook not even blocking as he stared at the brunet, I will miss you this time.

"Tick tock, Jeon," the man growled, pressing the gun deeper into Taehyung's skin, making him hiss slightly as a warm liquid trickled down the side of his face.

Don't worry about me, Kook. You finally got Sungho. You finally got him under your foot, literally, after two years. Don't worry about me, Taehyung hoped Jungkook was getting the silent message.

But the raven slipped his foot off Sungho and stepped back.

Taehyung's smile dropped. What is he doing? They're gonna hurt him.

"Drop the guns on the floor. All of them," the man demanded.

No, no, no.

Jungkook obeyed: he slowly dug into his pockets, dropping one gun, then two, then three before lifting his hands up as if to show he had no more.