T H I R T Y - S E V E N

First things first: thank you guys so, so much for all the views and the votes! And especially for the comments! I've said it before, but reading y'all's commentary just brightens up my day (even if it's just feedback about grammar or whatever) Stay safe, my lovelies, things are getting bad out here 💜💜💜

To the story...

"Jungkookie," Taehyung whined for the hundredth time this morning. "Stop being so cold to me."

It was Taehyung's first day of work, and the two handsome men were on their way to Taehyung's office. When they had gotten home last night, Yoongi was asleep, and Hoseok simply asked if Taehyung was okay before telling the boys to get some rest. Jungkook had agreed after Taehyung's pouting to hide Yoongi papers so the blonde wouldn't burn them.

Taehyung was wearing a worn out, light blue button-up that used to belong Hoseok with a pair of faded, comfy jeans. It wasn't anything fancy or special, but Taehyung couldn't have been happier in his modest outfit that he had styled to look just as stunning as him.

The ravenette had on black long-sleeves under a loose, ebony t-shirt that he paired with baggy, dark cargo pants. His scratched ankle-high boots were also black, making his silver earrings shine like stars in the night sky.

"Kookie," Taehyung pouted, tugging on Jungkook's arm.

"I'm not mad at you, Taehyung. I don't know why you think that," Jungkook replied simply, not glancing at the brunette.

"Oh, I don't know, Kook. You're barely looking at me and talking to me, but I wonder why I think you're mad? Hm..." Taehyung furrowed his brows as his words dripped with heavy sarcasm.

Jungkook spun on his heel, a beautiful smirk sitting on his strawberry-red lips. He walked closer to Taehyung, so close that the tips of the boys' shoes touched. Leaning with his sparkling eyes boring into Taehyung's, he whispered, "Is this enough looking or do you need more, darling?"

More, his mind giggled. Shut up, Taehyung. Goodness, get a grip on yourself. "This is fine. But you don't need to be this close to me," he managed to get out.

Confidence surged through the brunette as he leaned in closer, the boys' noses touching as Taehyung returned Jungkook's smirk. "Unless you want to. I don't mind."

Jungkook wrapped his arms around the brunette's waist, jerking the other's body closer. "I don't mind either," his smirk deepening.

Suddenly a thought sparked in Taehyung's mind. Wait, was he mad because of the kiss with Blondie? "Kook, were you ignoring me 'cause of my kiss with Blondie?" he asked.

Jungkook let go of Taehyung and stepped back before shoving his milky hands into his pockets. "No, that would be stupid," he grumbled.

Stupid, my ass, Taehyung giggled internally. Jungkook began walking again until the brunette bounced next to him and wrapped his arms around the ravenette's lean waist, slightly surprised by the sharp muscle under the clothing.

"Aw, my Kookie is jealous," Taehyung sang, rubbing their heads together. His heart swelled giddily, he got jealous for me.

"I didn't get jealous. Why would I get jealous?" Jungkook continued walking. Taehyung hopped in front of the poker-faced ravenette and grinned broadly.

An idea suddenly ignited in Taehyung's head like a dangerous flame.

What the hell? Don't do that, Taehyung. We decided we were gonna have self control, one part of his mind warned.

Self control? Who's that? Besides, I'm a good boy; I can be a little selfish sometimes, another side—the insane, giggling side that acted like it was on drugs—chirped.