CHAPTER-EIGHT (ɪ)

C H A P T E R - 8

DEATH:

They all proceeded to the door, and Harvey carefully opened it to see what was outside. I didn't follow them, so I went directly to the room where we hadn't gotten in, and spotted a window.

I made a disturbance and noticed that they closed the door and came directly in here, only giving me a look.

"You must exit by the window rather than the door because it is the safest way out." I told them.

Many zombies are walking outside the window, so I checked the other side of the wall and discovered an edge that we could go on.

"I think we just need to climb up using rope and then there's a rooftop that we could stay there and check everything through out there." I said because that was my plan.

"What? Merong rooftop?" Tanong ni Travis.

"Ay hindi, merong roofdown," Biro ni Aria sa kaniya at halos lahat kami tumawa.

"Churan, could you provide me the rope?" I inquired, and she opened her bag, took the rope, and handed it to me.

I quickly tie this to the metal. .."The end of its rope will be tied around your waist." Who will be the first?" I inquired, and no one responded until Harvey stepped up and replied, "Me."

"OK, come," I said as I began leashing him around the waist.

After that, he moved close to the window and was ready to walk outside and climb to the rooftop, but I wanted to check it first.

"Wait," I murmured as I pulled him back and peered outside, looking someplace in this space till I noticed a stair jutting out from the wall at the far end of this area, leading to the rooftop.

"All right," I answered, inserting my head.

"Listen, there's a stair sticking out on the wall, maybe we just need to go there then, you know," I declared, and they looked astonished, and I could tell in their eyes that they were overjoyed.

"Guys, let's go," Sabi ni Harvey.

Dahil sobrang dami ng lubid, kinuha ko yung isa at tinali 'rin sa isang metal na nagdidikit sa pader kung saan ko itinali ang isang lubid.

"Gene, come on," Sabi ko sa kaniya at tinali ko ang lubid sa kaniyang baywang at lumabas sila ni Harvey mula sa bintana at umakyat nito.

Bago umalis si Harvey,

"Ingat," I said and he nodded and gave me smile.

"You, too, take care," he replied, and he just smiled at me.

They both climbed to the rooftop via the stairwell at the end of this building, and they succeeded, and the rest of them followed.

Meanwhile, when it was my and Jacob's turn, they tossed the rope while they were already on the rooftop, and I took both ropes and knotted them around our waists.

I instructed Jacob to walk out the window after I tied him about the waist, and as I'm ready to go out and my other leg is outside, I become frozen because someone said "ate" to me, and I know it's Monna.

I looked back and she's running towards me and in my peripheral vision, Jacob stopped and stare on us.

I went in first and she suddenly hugged me on my waist "Ate, mag-ingat kayo, ha," She mournfully said and I nodded and gave her a tight hug either.