15. EVERY UNIVERSE

Start from the beginning

stiles shook his head, smug grin still playing against his cherry lips. "i think he's asking me."

this time, it was lydia who cleared her throat. "i think he's asking all of you."

"okay, let me answer the questions." said the irritating man up front, attention turning to his draining voice. and then, he caught himself confused, words jumbled in their process of coming out towards the five sat in the chairs in front of him. noah tried to stifle his laugh and amused smile. "let me ask the questions." stiles pointed at the man, mockingly praising him for getting the wording right. "just so i have this absolutely clear. barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. someone left him a coded message on the blackboard, telling him to kill kira. then, barrow took kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her. which blacked out the entire town."

"sounds about right." the others nodded in agreement to stiles' hum.

"how did you know he'd take her to a power station?"

easily, stiles answered the question. aurora pulled a breath between her teeth, chest rising with the mundane action. "well, he was an electrical engineer. so, where else would he take her?"

"that's one hell of a deduction there, stiles."

once again smug, he spoke. "yeah, what can i say? i take after my pops."

a gracious smile spread across the blonde's lips, her shoe clad toe digging into the laminated floor. "you know what t-that means, right? one day, he'll be a dilf too."

noah choked on his glass of water.

the raven haired boy peered down at his lover with both love and absolute confusion behind his eyes, scanning over her angelic face. "you know, it's way past your bed time." his toned arm raised over her head and onto her shoulder, pulling his sweet girl in to his side. then, he looked back at scott's father. "she says mad things when she's tired."

noah had finally recovered from his spluttering, urging his son to take matters seriously. "just, uh, just answer the man."

"we made a good guess." he shrugged. then, scott's father's gaze moved over towards kira and scott.

"eating pizza."

"eating sushi."

the pair glanced at one another.

"eating sushi."

"eating pizza."

then, finally, they both spoke.

"eating sushi and pizza."

rafael turned towards noah, his eyebrows raised, "you believe this?" he jerked his thumb towards the teens, who gave their best grins to the sweeter of the two.

"to be honest, i haven't beloved a word stiles has said since he learned how to speak." the raven haired boy nodded along in understanding. "but i think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time." he sighed. "and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it."

scott's father gave one last try. "kira, is that how you remeber it?"

each of the teens leaned forward, trying not to be too extreme with their pointed looks. not one of them was the slightest bit subtle.