53. TAKE CARE OF HER

GOY
CHAPTER FIFTY THREE: TAKE CARE OF HER

aurora wasn't quite fond of the idea of stiles momentarily dying before being brought back to life by scott's boss, but, hey, it's just an average day in beacon hills

aurora wasn't quite fond of the idea of stiles momentarily dying before being brought back to life by scott's boss, but, hey, it's just an average day in beacon hills. the blonde was gnawing at her bottom lip anxiously, thinking about the way that deaton insisted that this action would bring the supernatural closer to beacon hills, drawing it in. she couldn't bare the thought of doing this forever. she also hated the thought of having to mature; she wanted to stay a little ignorant girl forever.

and, god, what deaton said about the feeling following stiles, scott and allison for the rest of their lives had her shaken to the core. aurora despised the idea of stiles being anything other than the happy, loud, ecstatic boy that he usually was. she was also shivering due to the fact that three bathtubs were filled with ice and mistletoe in front of her.

"all right." spoke deaton. "what did you bring?"

rory looked up from her place besides lydia, eyes falling upon the three chosen objects in their hands. stiles met her gaze, following it down towards the badge between his fingers.

"um, i got my dad's badge." he sounded nervous, shaky, something so unusual. her beautiful boy was still shaken up from his panic attack, no matter how hard he tried to disguise it. she could see right through him. "jennifer kind of crushed it with her hand, so i tried hammering it out a bit. still doesn't look great."

"it doesn't need to look good if it has meaning." this man really needed to write a book. aurora would definitely buy pages upon pages of his motivational speeches.

"is that an actual silver bullet?" isaac looked down at the bullet between alison's fingers. the rest of the group looked at it too, watching the way that allison's face contorted as the thought about her father.

"yeah, my dad made it as kind of a ceremonial thing. when one of us finishes leaning all the skills to be a hunter, we forge a silver bullet as testament to the code."

"scott?" the puppy eyed boy looked up, eyes falling upon his boss. the raven haired boy opened his hand, unveiling a wrist watch to the group around him.

"my dad got my mom this watch when she first hired at the hospital. she used to say it was the only thing in her marriage that ever worked." not surprised, aurora thought to herself as she shuffled anxiously. the guy was a douchebag.

"okay." deaton sighed, looking over the three. "the three of you will get in. and each of us will hold you fine until you're essentially, well..." the blonde squeezed her eyes shut. "dead." she hated the word. "but it's not just someone to hold you under. it needs to be someone who can pull you back." her chocolate eyes opened wide, landing on her lover who already stared back at her. though she was relieved that stiles trusted her so much, she didn't trust herself not to do something clumsy and ruin it for everyone. "someone that has a strong connection to you, a kind of emotional tether."

stiles made his way towards aurora, their hands interlocking in no less than a second. a nervous huff left her lips at the way they both shook, watching as lydia moved over to allison.

"actually, lydia..." deaton trailed off, as though he knew something that the rest of them didn't. "you can sit this one out."

"fine." the redhead's eyebrows shot up. "i didn't feel like getting my hands cold anyway."

it left the group staring over at allison and isaac, wondering what their tether was meant to be. scott stared with big eyes at the two, moving his head as he spoke. "it's okay." the girl with chestnut hair looked down guiltily.

aurora turned to her lover as the three began to take off their layers of clothing. "s-stiles, you don't have to do this." she ignored the way that scott was most definitely listening in. "we can find another way, a way that won't h-hurt you—"

"baby," he interrupted, shrugging his hoodie off. "this is the best chance we've got. i can't waste that."he proceeded to straighten out his hoodie before moving his arms around the shivering girl, tucking the hoodie over her shoulders. doe eyes looked up at him ever so nervously, heart banging against her chest. "i need you to do this for me. and i know you can, because you're so brave." he reassured with a kiss against her clammy forehead. "ever so brave. yeah? my good girl." a halfhearted nod was the reply that he received.

"don't wanna l-lose you,"

"you'll never lose me, and i'll never lose you." he cupped her face, warm hands either side of her pouting expression. "no matter what. you know why?"

"why?"

"because we'll always be right here." his right hand trailed down, index finger poking at her chest, just above her beating heart.

she could've cried in that moment, "p-promise?" a shaking pinky finger made its way into the air. her raven haired lover caught it instantly, wrapping his own around it.

"pinky promise."

it made it all the more harder for rory to watch him stand over the bathtub. three sharp exhales left their mouths as the group slipped into the ice filled tubs, their eyes widening in shock. aurora's dainty hand rubbed at stiles' back comfortingly, trying her best to help in any way that she could. until his chest became submerged in the freezing water. he was shivering viciously as he turned to look at scott.

"by the way, if i don't make it back and you do," rory couldn't bare the thought of stiles losing his life, all because he wasn't as powerful has his best friend. "you should probably know something. your dad's in town."

that didn't bring scott any reassurance.

"a-and," stiles continued as he shook. "promise me you'll take care of her."

they all knew who her was. aurora's chin trembled as scott turned to look at her. she gave him pleading eyes, just so desperate for this all to be over.

the werewolf nodded, sealing the promise.

and so, all that was left to do, was submerge them into the water. aurora pressed one last lingering kiss to the back of stiles' head, mumbling her 'love you's, eyes squeezing shut as her hands wrapped around his shivering shoulders, and finally pushed him down.

GOY
CHAPTER FIFTY THREE: TAKE CARE OF HER

hi loves!! thank you to everyone that was so sweet at the end of the last chapter!! i totally get that people joke like that, but if you've never even commented or voted & then take the time to message something like that it's just a bit 🧍🏼‍♀️weird. i'm sorry if i gave anyone the wrong impression that i would be posting it — i will, but i want to get some more of my other books done first. & i just wanted to let people know that i'm listening to the requests!!! that way i would have more time to cater to it and it would be better to read. thank you for being patient and understanding that i do also have a life outside of wattpad. i love u all endlessly, sorry for the little rant <333