13. I CAN'T TRUST HIM

GOY
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: I CAN'T TRUST HIM

GOYCHAPTER THIRTEEN: I CAN'T TRUST HIM

" my friends are werewolves."

the silence that followed could have been spilt by a knife in the small car. rory's dainty hands shook violently against her thighs as she waited for jacob to say something; anything. his own hand gripped onto the steering wheel tighter, his rings digging into his pale fingers. that perfectly sculpted jaw clenched and unclenched repeatedly as he searched for the words to say. in all honesty, the little girl had expected anything other than what he said to come out of his mouth;

"i know."

her own mouth fell slack on its own accord. "huh?"

he finally turned to her, a giddy smirk playing on his lips. "what, you thought i wouldn't realise on my own? rory, i literally smelt it as soon as i joined the school."

"oh." she stared forwards. he chuckled before putting the car into first gear, slowly moving away from stiles' house. the little angel in the front seat watched sadly as she drove away. it wasn't hard to simply imagine him waking up in the morning, a frown on his face after noticing his little girl was gone. aurora turned back to her cousin with a sigh, "l-look, i don't really know how to say this but, i think i need your h-help."

"with what?"

"my friends." a beat. "there's stuff going on that i don't quite understand, and i don't think they can do it on their own."

"i'll do it."

"really?" her heart beat erratically.

"i meant what i said, rory. it's gonna be different this time."

that familiar silence filled the car once again. they were moving for what seemed to be hours to the little girl. she looked down at the clock on the dashboard, eyes widening at the 4 am sign. just as she looked back up, jacob pulled into the gas station. rory's brow creased in confusion.

"get out. we're getting slushes."

and again, ten minutes later, in the parked black car sat rory and jacob smith. rory opted for blue raspberry, which stained her little tongue. the two discussed everything between their drinks. rory told her cousin everything she could remember from that night, excluding what herself and stiles had done hours before. the raven haired boy picked up on the fact, and smirked as he told her that he heard everything. her cheeks flashed red before she cleared her throat and moved on.

"t-the thing is, it always gets w-worse for a while. like, every move we make has to be thought out. but then, it gets better. s-slowly, but it gets there." she smiled sadly, setting her plastic cup into the holder within the car.

"you're all just kids..." he trailed off, a sad look in his eye at his cousin's loss of innocence. she shrugged at his statement, playing with the ends of stiles' flannel. "he's good to you, right? doesn't let you get hurt?"

"mhmm." she smiled, "most i've had is cuts 'n bruises. well, e-except that one time i was paralysed." she giggled as jacob sent her a confused look. "it's a long story. but stiles protects me." another beat. "they all do."

"good." a beat. "you know, they can't know about me. wolves don't take well to my kind." jacob breathed slowly before finishing his drink, insisting his little cousin get some sleep before she went to school in the morning. she simply nodded.

"dude! i'm freaking out! i cant find her anywhere- yes i looked there! she's not- i looked there too! she left her phone at mine and she left in the middle of the night! this is aurora we're talking about! she doesn't go anywhere without us!" stiles barked into his phone as he dashed in and out of classrooms, honey eyes scouring them in hopes to find his little girl. noah had awoken his son and scott in the morning, and when the two finally woke up they realised the tiny girl had gone.

"i'm sure she'll be fine! rory wouldn't go anywhere alone, stiles. i could smell her out to your driveway-"

"then why would the scent get cut off?!" stiles barged through a group of students who cursed at him in his wake. he waved them off.

"i don't know! some other smell was too strong, it was horrible too. like death or something. weirdly familiar." scott said.

"whatever! what do i do? what if she's gone missing like heather- i already lost one friend this week, i cant lose my little girl too." stiles' voice broke as he sweeped in and out of students, trying to make his way back to aurora's locker.

"she's not lost, stiles. we'll find her."

"finding implies losing in the first place!" he grumbled and ended the call, realising that scott's reassurance really wasn't reassuring at all. his sneaker clad feet squeaked against the somewhat clean floor, carrying him to where rory's locker was situated.

his chocolate eyes widened at the sight of her cousin standing there, back faced towards him. with a fiery anger the stilinski boy stomped towards the mysterious boy, raising his voice; "where the hell is she?!"

jacob turned to the side, finally facing his cousin's boyfriend. as the tall boy moved the little girl beside him came into view, shutting her locker. her eyes trailed up to her boyfriend, smiling when she set eyes on his face. he seemed relieved, but her bright smile wasn't reciprocated. of course, he was so happy to see that his tiny girl was safe and sound, there was nothing better in the whole world. but something about the whole situation didn't sit right with him.

"well..." the boy with the raven hair trailed off, lifting himself off the lockers. "looks like you two got a lot to talk about. i'll be on my way." and he was gone in a flash, as though he had never even been there.

aurora hated the way that she wasn't in stiles' arms in that moment. usually he would cuddle her for minutes after they had been apart, but now he stood too far away, arms crossed angrily.

"where did you go, hmm?"

she gulped. "jacob p-picked me up." she moved towards him slowly, playing with the net buckle attached to her oversized jeans. her shirt was a plain white crop, adorned lovingly by stiles' blue flannel. "we got slushes."

"slushes, at god knows what time?" he seemed skeptical as his arms fell to his sides. the little angel nodded in agreement. "why didn't you tell me?"

"you looked t-tired." if there was one thing that aurora hated (and she hated using the word) most it was having to lie to stiles. she was almost upset that it came too easily to her to lie to someone.

"I don't like knowing that you weren't safe!"

"I-i was safe. I was with Jacob."

"that guy? I don't like him, rory. I can't trust him." stiles moved closer now, almost looking down at the small girl, ignoring the students that passed them on their way to their classes.

"he's family, stiles."

"then why don't i know anything about him! huh? i know everything about your family, your nana, your dad, your mom! everything! the only thing i know about that guy is his name and age!"

and you don't even know the real one. she couldn't help but think. tears welled in her eyes as she tried not to lie again, to just leave their argument there. she couldn't stand arguing with the boy she loved so much.

without another word she fell into his arms for the first time in hours. the blonde angel could have fallen asleep against him in that moment, tired from her lack of sleep and stress of missing her boyfriend. he embraced her quietly, trying to keep his ground. his attempts failed miserably, and he finally picked the little girl up. just as he had wanted, his tiny girl back in his arms.

GOY
CHAPTER THIRTEEN: I CAN'T TRUST HIM