43. MARKS I LEFT ON HER

GOY
CHAPTER FOURTY THREE: MARKS I LEFT ON HER

the small girl clutched tightly onto the toned waist in front of her, gulping at the foreign sensation

the small girl clutched tightly onto the toned waist in front of her, gulping at the foreign sensation. she tried to focus on the moving fabric of scott's shirt as oppose to the body underneath it, pushing her helmet covered forehead into the back of his shirt. a shiver ran down her spine as the wind surrounding her tickled at the bottom of her skirt, nipping at her bare thighs.

the engine of scott's motorcycle was loud. it hurt her fragile eardrums and set her on edge, as though there wasn't enough going on to process in her mind. scott had insisted on taking her home, home, home, not stiles' house. as soon as the tears dried against her red, stained cheeks scott gathered the weak girl up in his arms, any supernatural goings on completely vanishing from his mind. all that truly mattered was ensuring that aurora was home safely, and that her tears had stopped.

it seemed so unfair, the girl who had already lost so much, left behind by the one she needed most.

as he rounded the corner to aurora's block, his eyes focused up on her big house. the broken brickwork and glass window had been fixed, the new ones a shade lighter than the original, making it ever so obvious what had happened. her grip tightened against him, having not been home in so long.

she hopped off of the bike as soon as scott parked up in her empty drive. she pushed the helmet off desperately, wanting nothing more than to be back home and asleep in her bed. she wanted to forget about everything that had just happened.

"do you want me to walk you in?"

the small girl turned around, tired eyes landing on scott. he pushed the green helmet off of his head, placing it atop his bike. aurora bit her nails nervously, silently nodding and awaiting his reply.

"okay... do you have a key?" aurora turned around, frowning at the plant pots surrounding the doorway. her little legs travelled forwards, towards the plant pot with blooming forget-me-nots. using most of her strength, the small girl moved the pot sideways, releasing the grip on her nails to collect the shining key on the concrete.

as soon as the door was opened aurora stepped in, sneaker covered feet lightly pressing against the floor, as though it might gobble her up and take her away forever. she pulled the door open for scott, lightly shutting it as soon as he too stepped on the premises. she shuffled awkwardly, placing her school bag down and lightly making her way up the stairs. scott loosely followed in suit, giving her the silence she needed, but also the presence she needed.

when he looked up at her ascending the staircase he thought that in that moment she looked like a ghost. skin pale, eyes heavy, sluggish movements. the poor girl was a ghost in her own home. a ghost of her own house, dancing alone.