18: The Actual Show

Start from the beginning

I nodded again.

"Peter, why did you not tell me you had such an awesome friend? I would've come much sooner." She inspected some of the down fluff close to my body.

"You wouldn't've been allowed," Harley noted from the other side of the room.

"I would've stolen the jet."

You have your own jet?

"Oh, yeah we've got a couple. Perks of being a princess."

"Yeah, she's a princess," Harley shouted. He was stretched out on a table. "Doesn't act like one though."

"Rude." She shouted back. "So, Max, how old are you?"

Fifteen.

"Nice. Me too. Got a last name?"

Pierce.

"Cool."

We all talked for a while longer. I got to learn all about Shuri and her home in Wakanda, and also what to expect from the award shows.

At noon we all got together for a huge lunch in the commons room. I don't know how much food there was there, but there were no leftovers once the meal was over. 

Wanda brought me to her room to help do my makeup. She called the look "natural" and did just enough that it was noticeable. I didn't mind the makeup. It was almost soothing how I could just sit in the chair while she did it, and not worry about anything. I then put on my dress and brushed my hair, which Wanda immediately styled. By four-thirty, I was ready to go.

I met everyone else in the commons room again. All the men wore suits, each with a different variation. Mr. Stark wore fancy-looking sunglasses with his, Steve with multiple army pins, Harley with a pair of sunglasses, and Bucky wore a white glove covering his mechanical hand. 

Peter just wore a suit on top of his Spider-man suit. The man, who I learned was King T'Challa, Shuri's older brother, wore black robes with a shiny purple lace design on the front, and Shuri wore a dress of similar style. The woman with the shaved head had her uniform on, an orange leather outfit with her spear in one hand.

Wanda had a deep reddish-purple dress with lots of flowy fabric, whereas Natasha's was short and red. Pepper had a nice blue dress, and everyone else appeared to be in some sort of super suit, or something slightly more dramatic than their normal outfits.

Mr. Stark made sure everyone's earpieces were connected, and then we all took separate trips in the elevator to the underground garage.

I was astounded at the number of cars in the garage. I was one of the last people to get down, but no one had entered a car yet. 

A row of five cars were lined up in front of the elevator. The fifth one, was larger than the rest, with more of a van style.

"Everyone!" Pepper shouted. "Listen for your seating arrangements!"

The large group immediately quieted.

"Okay, we've got Tony, Bruce, and I in limo one. Steve, James, Sam, and Clint in limo two. Vision, Wanda, Nat, and Thor in three. Then in four are the Wakandans, King T'Challah, Princess Shuri, and Okoye. After that, we have Pete, Harley, and Max in the fifth. Happy's driving that one, so you guys need to behave. Is that everyone?"

No one spoke up.

"Okay, everyone load up. We're leaving in five minutes."

"Come on!" Peter exclaimed, running to the last car. It was significantly taller than the rest and had a sliding door instead of the others.

"I guess Tony got us a van," Harley noted, sliding the door open.

There was one row of seats facing away from the front window, and one facing forwards, just like the other car I'd been in. I took the one facing forwards and shuffled my wings around to get comfortable.

"We gotta go they're already pulling out!" Peter exclaimed. He hopped in opposite from me and Harley slid next to him.

"Hi Happy," Peter added.

"Hello, Peter." Happy replied, sounding annoyed. He put up the divider and pulled out of the underground garage. 

"Max, can you hear me fine over comms?" Harley asked.

I nodded.

"Great. Do you want to go over what we're going to say again?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Okay, if they ask you a question I can answer, I talk." He started. "If you want to say anything, just type it and it'll talk into my earpiece, so I can say it out loud to the microphone. 'Kay?"

I nodded.

Peter grabbed Harley's hand nervously. "And we're going to be some of the last people there. Mr. Stark won't be around. We walk down the carpet slowly, posing for pictures. Then we gotta go onto the actual red carpet, where we stop to get interviewed. Then we go to the stage. It's really big, and we're going to be sitting front and center because we're technically children and need supervision."

I nodded.

"How are you feeling?" Peter asked.

I shrugged.

"Nervous."

"You'll be fine." He added. "It's nervous in the beginning, but then you get used to it and it gets a lot easier."

The car slowed, and Happy put the divider down.

"Hey." He said. "Get ready to get out." He put the divider back up and continued driving slowly.

"Are we here?" I asked.

"No, you'll know when we're here," Harley replied.

The car came to a stop. Outside the window were a ton of flashing lights and people with cameras. Hundreds of shouts came from the crowd, and cameras all pointed to us.

"Ready?"

Also, authors note: I was gone for a week and this got 222 views!!! That's fucking amazing. And I know I haven't updated in a while, I've been really busy and if there are any typos, sorry. I'm really tired and it's really late. 

And thank you all so much for all the reads!