22| light

L O G A N

I thought I at least had a chance in hiding one thing from Astrid but that girl was a human lie detector. I should've known it would be impossible. I don't understand what she meant by me being out of character. She made it seem like I wouldn't check up on her at her new job. I would. Maybe, after she got off work but I still would.

Or maybe I wouldn't have. Fuck, that makes me sound like a bad brother. I watched as she turned the corner and out of sight until I went to the bathroom. I had to ask around for directions but I found my way.

Initially, I just wanted to see Blaire. It didn't matter if we talked or not, just to see her was good enough for me. While emptying my bladder, the door to one of the cubicles opened. A blonde girl and a blonde dude stepped out fixing their clothes. They kissed and she left the restroom.

He went to the sink to wash his hands. There was a solemn expression on his face but it disappeared as soon as he noticed there was company with him.

"Sometimes, you gotta take a break, am I right, man?" He smiled, nodding his head at me. I wish I could say I understood but I've never had sex at the station. "Wait, I remember you. You helped us out with the clients the other day. Thanks again for that, by the way. The name's Noah."

I furrowed my eyebrows, I know I've heard that name before. Zipping up my pants and washing my hands, I tried to rack my brain to find out where I heard his name from.

"...Noah's been cheating." My head snapped up as I recalled what Blaire told me. I looked at the piece of shit wanting to smash his face into the mirror for hurting Blaire. Not to mention, doing it so blatantly at the place they both work at. If he could do it here, it was obvious that he didn't care. Out of love, she was still willing to marry this asshole.

"Yeah, pleasure to meet you." With clenched fists and gritted teeth, I put one foot in front of the other forcing myself out of the restroom before I make a mistake so detrimental I'm slapped in the face with a lawsuit.

"Leaving so soon." I lock eyes with the most beautiful in my eyes who hides her pain with a smile.

"Yeah, I met up with Astrid and everything seems good, so I'm off to work." I found myself slowly walking up to her desk.

She tried to play it off but I caught it when her smile fell a little. It made me wonder if she would miss me. I made a bold move, something I haven't done in a long time and asked her to exchange numbers. When we did, something turned in me to see her face light up.

"Call me whenever you want to talk or just get something to eat," I suggested and she fixed her ponytail, nodding her head.

"I will. Even if I don't have anything to say." I lifted her hand and kissed it gently, keeping my eyes trained on her. I felt more confident when I saw her cheeks go crimson red.

"See you around, gorgeous." I sent her a wink and walked out the building. I was known to be married to my work and nothing or no one could make my job not be my number one priority. But I've come to realize that Blaire wasn't just some girl. She was beautiful, kind and funny.

Ever since she came into my life, I've felt like I could accomplish anything. There was a new found light in my life and I was willing to do anything to keep Blaire close to me if it meant not losing this feeling and the light she brought.

21/01/22

Au revoir...

Vote | Comment | Share