33| familiar face

A S T R I D

Gio made good on his promise and after our second and third rounds, I was too sore to move that night, not to mention the next day. I was stuck in a bath full of ice water for almost an hour. It was incredible how he managed to be rough yet gentle. In the evening, I remembered I actually had a job and I was fucking the boss, so I sat in his room that I moved into and caught up on some work. I've abandoned work for so long, it didn't shock me by the amount I had to do.

Even though I was still slightly sore, I didn't want to miss another day of work, so I showed up at Pierce's the day after. It felt different walking into the building. The stares I got, like they knew my dirtiest secrets. Of course, they did. Gio and I were plastered over every magazine as the new hot couple. I didn't like the attention on me but I had to suck it up because this was his life and if I am to be a part of it, it was something I had to get used to.

Logan wasn't too pleased. He expected it but he still wasn't happy about the relationship but there was nothing he could do about it. If Gio could accept his relationship with Blaire, the least he could was return the same notion.

Back to my predicament, the employees were giving me a hard time the past couple of days, throwing any work they couldn't bother to do themselves at me. I couldn't tell Gio about it because it would make the matter worse. I was the Personal Assistant screwing and in an intimate relationship with the boss. Might as well say we're married because it almost made me their boss. Except they were laying it thick knowing I wasn't going to snitch to Gio.

God, I hate my job.

Snapping me out of my thoughts, I heard a commotion, coming through the halls. I stood and looked in the direction of the noise to see the security guards trying to coax the screaming lady back in the elevator and out of the building.

"Don't touch me! I need to see him!" she shouted on the top of her lungs, flailing her arms around trying to avoid the men from holding her.

"Well, he doesn't want to see you." Venom laced in Blaire's voice as she glared at the skinny, raven haired woman. She seemed to know her.

"I don't—" She made eye contact with me and a fire blazed in her eyes. She pointed an accusing finger at me, my eyebrows raising high and eyes widened in confusion. "You! You stole him from me, you bitch!"

I was already bored of the drama, especially not knowing who this woman was. I stood still and watched her push everyone out of the way as she made her way towards me. I look over her shoulder to see Blaire putting her phone to her ear, probably calling Gio. She was two or three inches taller than me, so as much as she tried to look intimidating, she wasn't.

While she shouted in my face how Gio was hers and the tabloids mean nothing because our relationship won't last because they were meant to be together again, her saliva landing in my face, I glanced at Blaire and made faces as a way to ask who the crazy lady standing in front of me was.

"Victoria," She mouthed to me. I told Blaire that I knew about her so she was more comfortable with informing me of every bad thing the bitch did to Gio and his family. I stared at Victoria, picking at my fingernails and my teeth grazing against each other.

"Just wait. He'll throw you away like a piece of trash and come back to me," she taunts, a sly smirk on the corner of her lips and an evil glint in her eye.

Wiping her saliva off my face. "I doubt it, since his entire family hates you for what you did to him."

"You have no idea what you're talking about."

A dry laugh escapes my mouth. "You think I don't know how you squandered his money away like the gold digging bitch you are. It's audacious for you to come back here and think he's going to run into your arms after you left him at the altar without a second thought. Let me guess, you're short on money and you think because it's been long, he must've forgiven you by now to lend you some money? Keep dreaming, bitch."