37

"Star! Welcome back. Did you get the stuff?"

Minho clings onto our boyfriend, hugging his arm and staring up at him with sparkles in his eyes. Here we go again; the exaggerated emotions. This type of emotion is fine because Min doesn't show much affection often, but I'm afraid of what will happen when we run into the negative emotions. He already did something he regrets. I don't want it to happen again.

"Hey baby," Chan kisses the side of his head. I smile. "I got all of it, and Tzuyu actually found me and helped. The potion is ready to go. Call Hyunjin and we'll talk about a plan."

-

"You're on speaker."

"You guys want to what?! Are you crazy!" Hyunjin screams through the phone.

"Hyunnie, it won't be that bad. Tell him, Chan."

"The potion will only effect his memory of us. Nothing more, nothing less. We give it to him, he'll be unconscious for a few hours, and he'll wake up. While he's asleep, we can destroy any evidence he has of us. It's simple and effective."

"How do you know it will work? How will it only effect the parts about you guys?"

"I put mine, Jisung's, and Minho's hair into the potion. We will be completely erased. It will work. It's an old spell from a trustworthy friend. I promise you it will be fine."

"...okay. When?"

"Tonight. We'll head over to give you the potion. It's clear, so you can put it in his drink. He'll pass out within five minutes, so make sure he's sitting."

"Are you sure he will be okay...?"

"Yes. I won't let anything bad happen to him, for your sake. We'll be over later. Be ready."

-

I sit in Hyunjin's bedroom while my boys wait outside the window. They flash a smile to me when I look over. I wave. My anxiety was acting up. Why wouldn't it? We're drugging Hyun's dad. How will we know it works? Are we going to have to test it out?

"Give it to me." Hyunjin comes in. He was practically sweating. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was nervous for this. "He just asked me for a drink, so I'll be back soon."

I hand him the small bottle, watching as he eyes me with a certain look. I try to send him a reassuring smile, but it's hard when I'm doubtful of it too. He leaves again. This time, my boys finally come inside.

We wait in silence. What if he didn't do it? What if he was in on it with his dad? What if he lead us here to kill us? But it's Hyunjin. He's one of my best friends. He wouldn't freak out as much if this was a fake plan. He's a good person. He wouldn't do that...

Would he?

"Guys! He's out!"

Of course he wouldn't. I stand up, heading to the door. Hyunjin is standing in the hallway, his hands balled into fists.

"Hey, it's okay," I embrace him, feeling him sigh into my shoulder. "Let's go get that evidence. He'll wake up in a few hours."