12

"Um, Jisung?" Minho knocks softly on the door, peeking his head in.

I turn to him after I set my phone down. "What's up, pup? Everything okay?"

"Did... I-I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but did Felix say something about demons named Changbin and Jeongin?"

I nod slowly, standing and going over to him. His shoulders are hunched over, almost putting his imaginary tail between his legs. He glances down at the ground, either shy or scared. Why?

"Come sit," I direct, pulling him to the chair. "Yeah, Lixie mentioned that he met them. Why?"

"They... I don't know if it's them or not, but... I think those demons are the ones I played with."

I gasp, immediate worry hitting. Was Felix in danger? Did he know? Did he encourage it? Did he call me for help?

"They're usually nice guys, but demons playing poker isn't something that they can be nice about. We made the bet fairly. Felix is okay. I just wanted to let you know," he said as if he was reading my mind.

So that's how he knew. I take a breath, cupping his cheeks and kissing his forehead. "Okay, love. Do you think we could talk to them about it? I'm sure they know what this kind of thing does to a demon. Maybe we'll be able to convince them to leave it alone."

He shakes his head. Maybe he thought it would get worse if we talked. "No, we shouldn't."

I sit on his lap, his hands automatically coming to grasp my waist. I cup his face gently, "Min, you're in pain. We need to do something about it. Tell them that you were too cocky. After all, I'm sure we could get Felix and Seungmin on our side to convince them."

He doesn't respond, too scared to think about it. If you try to interfere with a deal, it sometimes gets messy.

"I'll call Lix and ask, okay? There's no harm in asking for help."

I grab my phone, calling Felix back. I chewed my lip, hoping this plan could work. I didn't want to have to wait again just for my baby to come home bruised and hurting.

"Miss me already?" He laughs. "Is everything okay?"

"Not really. I need to talk to you about Minho."

"Sure, go ahead."

"You know how he made that bet and lost?"

"Yeah."

"He said that the demons he lost to were Changbin and Jeongin."

"What-? No, you're kidding. That- are you sure?" He was out of breath.

"Ninety-nine percent. I think he'd have to see the faces, but there aren't a lot of people named Changbin and Jeongin. Especially ones in pairs."

"Shit... well, Jeongin is still here. What do you want me to do? What can we do? It's a fair bet, isn't it?"

"I was hoping that we could maybe talk to them. Maybe lessen the punishment. If you really know what happens to demons when they lose souls, you should understand where I'm coming from. Please, Felix."