26

"Are you sure?" I ask, holding the small bottle of holy water in my hand, away from my boyfriend. "How do you know it'll work?"

"Tzuyu said this is the spell. If she's right, this stuff won't effect me. And if she's wrong... well... this'll hurt like hell."

I chewed my lip, staring at his unsure face. Minho stands on the other side of the room, not having taken the potion. He didn't want to risk getting splattered.

"Do it."

I lift my arm, letting a small splash of it hit his arm. He shouts, grabbing his arm, making me rush forward to help. "I'm sorry- I knew it-"

"I'm kidding," he laughs. "It works! It felt like normal water."

I shove him, splashing more on him. "You're an asshole. You're lucky you have a spell around you."

"Mhm," he teases, coming to hug me. I push him off, going over to Minho instead.

"Hey! No, no. Wash your hands before you get get any closer. You know what? Take a shower. Just make sure that shit stays away from me." Minho backs himself into the corner, holding his hands up to keep me away. The genuine fear in his eyes suddenly changed the mood. Chan and I knew that holy water was a serious thing around demons, but it had nothing to do with this.

I bunch my eyebrows together, closing the lid to the bottle. "Did something happen to you with holy water, Min?"

He drops his gaze. "What? Of course not. I just... don't like it. Chan doesn't either. We're demons, of course we don't like it."

I look back at Chan, watching him frown as well. So this wasn't a normal reaction to it.

"Min..."

"I'm gonna go to bed. I have a headache."

He scoots past Chan and I, rushing to the bedroom. We hear the door click shut before we look at one another.

"What was that about?"

"I have no clue."

"Let's wash this off and go talk to him."

-

"Min?" I knock on the door, Chan behind me. I open it, looking over to see a lump under the covers. "Oh, pup..."

I sit on the bed, rubbing whatever body part was there. "Puppy, what's the matter? Please, talk to us."

He says nothing back. I glance at Chan, watching as he tried pulling back the covers.

When Minho was revealed, his eyes were clenched shut and he was trembling. I gasp, letting my hands travel up his arm.

"Baby," I say softly. "It's okay. It's okay. Hey, look at us, please."

I give him a moment, just rubbing his shoulder. He takes in a deep breath, finally blinking open his eyes.

"Hey there, pup. What's going on?"

"When... Changbin and Jeongin were... they had holy water."

"What did they do?" Chan asks boldly.

"They made me drink it."

"Oh, god," I cover my mouth. I knew demons were merciless, but to use their own weakness against one of their own. Especially that we know the guilty ones, it's unbelievable. Jeongin is so pure, and Changbin... well. I'm not too surprised, but come on. They've both traumatized him.

I didn't even realize how much he's been struggling. With physical things like headaches to the mental pain like this.

"You're so strong," Chan begins, crawling onto the bed and hugging our boyfriend. "I can't believe you're still here after what they did. You're still here, and you're dealing with this so well. I'm so proud of you."

______

SORRY. i forgot to update 😂