24

We follow my parents to the dining area, sitting in our designated spots. I sat at one end of the table, Chan on my left and Minho on my right. My dad sat at the other end, my mom sitting next to Minho.

Shit. The boys are just going to have to suck it up and puke it out later.

We wait for my parents to get their food before we get ours. Oh my gosh, why is this so awkward? Once we get our food, that's when the interrogation begins.

"To start, how did you break your hand?"

"I slipped when we were going out to eat. They had just mopped, and me being me, I fell on my hand."

"Well I'm glad you're alright. How long do you need to have it on?"

"Just a few more weeks."

She nods, finally glancing at the two.

"So Jisungie, how did you guys meet?"

I smile, thinking about the moment. "We met in the street, actually. I was running to class because I had woken up late. I was in the middle of the street when I accidentally tripped right into them. They helped me up and I ended up skipping class because I had injured my ankle."

"Oh gosh," she grins, giggling. "I've never heard of a love story starting out like that."

"I'm just original like that," I smirk, scrunching my nose playfully.

She shakes her head, waving off my goofiness. My dad sits there, eating his food. I decide to speak up about it. Why is he acting like this?

"Dad?" I call, watching him swallow his food and look up at me. "Were you aware that mom invited us over?"

"Yes, I was."

"Did both of you make the decision to have us three over?"

"Yes."

"Then why are you acting like you're ashamed to have us at this table?"

The question leaves everyone silent. I wait patiently for his response. He sighs, taking a sip of his water.

"I'm not ashamed to have you three here. I'm ashamed because of the way I acted. I should've accepted you from the start. It wasn't fair of us, but we're learning now. I don't want you to be upset with us anymore. We just want you to come home like you used to. I'm your father. We are family, regardless of your love interests."

I huff out sadly, my lips pulling down into a frown. "Dad... I'm not mad or upset with you guys anymore. You don't have to feel ashamed. You didn't know. That's why learning is a thing. We learn, we change, and we get better. I'm happy with the fact that you guys wanted to meet them. It means a lot to me."

"Of course, son. We just want you to be happy and find people who love you for you."

"They do make me happy. They really do. And I sure hope they love me because I absolutely love them." I glance over to each of my boys, grabbing their hands under the table.

"We love you, angel."

"We love you so much, peach."

Lovesick fools.