14

I'm so lucky Seungmin lives in the same building. I knock on his door, my hands resting on my hips.

He opens it, his eyes widening at my appearance. "Uh, hey? What's wrong?"

"Is Changbin here?"

"Seungminnie~ I heard my name- oh, hi? Who's this, Seung?" A short brunette comes into view. Here's the asshole. Definitely more intimidating than the last.

There's no hesitance in me when I reach back and ram my fist forward, making contact with his face. Pain shoots up through my hand, but I ignore it the best I can.

"Ah- what the fuck!" He shouts, his eyes beginning to glow red.

"Don't you ever put your demon hands on my fucking boyfriend again!"

"Who the fuck are you! I don't even know your boyfriend, what are you talking about?"

"Minho. I'm Minho's boyfriend."

"Oh, come on. It was a fair deal. You should know that you shouldn't get between-"

"Jeongin told me. It wasn't fair whatsoever. You pushed him into making it that high. You are going to quit this right now."

"Oh, yeah? What are you going to do about it?"

"Changbin, get over here now," Seungmin scolds, putting his hand on his shoulder.

Seungmin was standing there the entire time, and he just let me hit him. He's my new favorite. Sorry, Lix.

"He's right, bun. You're going to end this. Minho is my friend too. I can't believe you would do this."

"I-It wasn't supposed to happen! I didn't think he'd go up. He shouldn't be so easily manipulated."

"But you let him! And you know how dangerous it is. Are you fucking kidding me?"
This fucker.

"Changbin, fix this, now," Seungmin butts in again. I'm so thankful for his help. I think I'm going to take him out for lunch now, just as a thank you.

"Fine, whatever. The deal is off."

"Don't tell me that," I grumble. "Come with me to Felix's apartment. We'll talk more there."

"Fine, but no more hitting."

"I can't promise that. Let's go."

-

"The bet is off, Minho. There, are you happy now?" He looks at me, a small pout pulling at his lips.

I smile, shrugging. Man, my hand hurt. "I mean, it'd be nice if you gave him a hug, as well. Maybe even apologize for being an asshole."

Who would've thought the kid with the highest anxiety would talk to a demon like this. Not me.

"I thought you said don't touch-"

"Don't you finish that sentence, Bin. Go hug the poor boy and apologize."

"Uh, no, I'm okay," Minho stands, putting his hands up to defend himself from getting touched.

"I'm sorry, Minho. But okay, I'll hug him now," Changbin smiled, acting like a fifth grader.

We all watch the two, amused. Minho was screaming, and Changbin was squeezing him tightly. How cute. Why are demons just mean little kids?

"Now, can we all make up and go grab some dinner? I'm starving," Felix complains, holding Jeongin's shoulders and shaking him.

I giggle, leaning my head on Chan's shoulder, "sure, Lix."

"Hold on. What the hell happened to your hand?" Chan mentions, grabbing my hand before I tear it out of his grip.

"Ouch, motherfucker." I hold it gently, looking at it. Damn, I hit him hard because my hand was turning purple. And it was kind of numb. "I hit him."

"You what? Jisung."

"What! He had it coming."

"Yeah, I'm guilty," Changbin raises his hand, only shrugging.

"You realize that-"

"Yeah, yeah. Let's go. You guys pick a place to eat while we're at the hospital, we'll meet you there," I smile. Breaking a hand is not a big thing after dealing with demons.