22

I sit on the counter while the two boys stir the noodles and the sauce. It was kind of cool watching demons cook. I don't know what I expected when I first ever saw them cook, but it wasn't this.

I thought it'd be more burning shit and screaming, but instead, they did it with such elegancy. Gosh, they were so domestic. I love them so much.

Finally, when everything was done, Minho went to go grab a plate while Chan came over to me. He stood between my legs, hugging my torso and leaning up for a kiss.

"Hey, I want a kiss too," Minho pouts, setting the plate down and crossing his arms.

Chan turned around, grinning widely. He hopped over, lifting the other on the counter next to me. He did the same thing, wrapping his arms around Minho's waist and leaning in for a kiss. It was so satisfying watching the two people you love, love on each other.

My heart suddenly dropped when I saw flames reach the top cupboard. I gasp, jumping off the counter to turn off the stove. When I touched the knob, a flame licked my hand, lighting up my sleeve.

"Fuck!" I back up, flailing my hand out. The boys were quick to act, settling everything almost as soon as it had started.

"Are you okay?" Chan grasps my arm, inspecting it for damage. I was shaking, panic washing over me from the rush.

"Yeah, I'm alright."

"I'm so sorry," Minho apologizes, going around Chan to side hug me. He buries his head in my neck. "I thought I had turned it off. I-I must've bumped it."

"No, it was probably me. When I lifted you, I felt something tug at my shirt. I'm sorry."

"Guys, it's okay. As long as everything and everyone is okay, I'm fine." I cautiously go to grab both of their hands, holding them tightly. It upset me that I could barely hold both of their hands because this cast was in the way. "Let's eat."

They both nod, hesitant for some reason. I smile, trying to settle the tense atmosphere. Going over to the plate Minho had made, I grab a pair of chopsticks and go to the living room. The demons follow behind like puppies.

"So," I begin, holding my hand over my mouth since I was eating. "I have exciting news."

"You're going to fight Changbin?"

I glare playfully at Minho, "no, dummy. Let me finish." I swallow my noodles, taking a sip of my day old water. "My mom and I talked today, and she said they wanted to meet you guys over dinner sometime this week."

Both of their mouths drop open, shocked at what I had to say. The only thing they knew of my parents was that they weren't accepting of the relationship. They didn't even know my parent's names. I didn't like talking about it...

"That's- that's amazing, oh my god," Chan gasps, smiling wide.

"I'm so proud of you, Sungie," Minho says next, setting a hand on my shoulder. "I'm so excited to meet them."

"I know right? It's like, just the other day we were fighting about it, but I guess I must've said something right. It's unbelievable that they just changed their minds like that. I mean, it took convincing and learning, but they did it. They're doing it. They're trying."

"We're so proud, Ji," Chan kisses my cheek. "You held your ground, and now it's paying off. We should celebrate!"

"Yes! With some cheesecake and Netflix. How does that sound, my loves?" Minho claps, giggling to himself.

"It sounds-" Stupid. They just said they wanted to meet them. That's it. You don't even know if your parents will like them. "It sounds wonderful, guys," I sigh shakily, trying my best not to cry. Fuck you.

Chan wraps his arms around my shoulders, leaving a sloppy kiss on my neck. "It's okay, baby. You can cry. It's incredibly exciting, just enjoy it."

I nod, letting myself be loved on by my boys. Something like this won't escape anxiety. Nothing will.