31

My heart beats against my rib cage. I could feel my pulse in my ears. Act clueless.

"What..? Sir, I'm really not sure what you're talking about. I just want to go home. Can you let me leave? Please?"

"Drink this first, and I'll let you go. Just to make sure you're not one of them."

He holds out a small bottle of clear liquid. Holy water. I shake my head. "I'm not drinking anything you give me. For all I know, it could be drugged. Leave me alone or I'll call the cops."

My hand grazed my phone in my pocket while the other held me up. I could feel the pebbles digging into my scratched up palm.

"You won't do that."

"You wanna bet?"

His eyes narrow down. He kneels in front of me, grabbing my chin and turning my head forcefully. I yelp, trying to kick him off of me. When I push him back, his arms grabbed at me. He reaches the bottle back, lifting the bottom of my sweatshirt, and smashing the thin glass onto my stomach.

I scream, flashes of pain burning through me as glass cuts through my skin.

His eyebrows raise, sudden realization coming upon him. He pales, as if he realized I wasn't actually a demon. Did he really think I was? Did he think he got the wrong person?

"Hey! Leave him alone!" A strong voice enters the light of the street. The man stands, running through a back way to escape.

Someone runs after him; another stays. Felix and Minho.

"Oh god, are you okay? You're bleeding a lot. What did he do? Who was that?" Felix rushes to my side, eyes searching for what he could do to help me. I didn't know either.

Two more people appear behind him. I look up, tears glistening in my hardened eyes. Changbin and Jeongin.

They come over to help, but I hold up a hand covered in blood. "It's holy water. Don't touch me. Minho ran to go get him."

"We need to get you to the apartment. I can get the glass out and stitch you up."

I swallow the lump in my throat, nodding to Jeongin's statement. "Find Minho first, please."

"Bin, go look for him. Make sure he's not hurt. I'll take them back to Lix's. Have him call Chan to let him know where he is."

"Got it."

"Lix, I'll take you, but you have to hold onto him. I can't touch him just yet."

"Okay."

-

I squeeze my eyes close when Jeongin pours water down my torso into order to wash away the holy water. It wouldn't get all of it, but in the area he needed to get to.

"I-I didn't know you knew how to deal with medical problems."

"Demons don't have the best reputation for being peaceful. Monsters like me need to know how to fix ourselves up. This'll hurt a lot."

"Here, hold onto me," Felix offers, holding out his hand. I grab onto it gratefully. I didn't want to hurt him or anything, but man, was it more comforting to hold onto him.

Jeongin picks the glass out one by one with tweezers, each piece stinging like hell. Little droplets of blood slid down my side. My eyes followed it, entranced by the vivid color. Blood was always interesting to me. It was pretty, to be honest. I love watching it, even tasting it when I got the chance.

I hiss when a larger piece is touched. My grasp on Felix's tightens. I'm glad he was here.

_______

update for this week•