9

Chan was the one to carry Minho to the cage. You would think it was a special cage, but it wasn't. Just cute, little dog cages, two of them side by side. We usually only use it for punishments (not sexual punishments, nasty asses), but I knew my boyfriend needed a safe space to rest.

I run my hand through Minho's hair, wishing I could give him medicine or something to ease the pain. He drifted off almost immediately, a few tears trailing down his cheeks without his knowledge.

"What are we going to do?" My voice breaks as I direct the question to Chan.

"...I don't know."

When I had first met the demons, I thought all they could be was ruthless and mean. Judgy and unfair. Cold and rough. Man, was I wrong. They surprised me with every new emotion. Love, lust, happiness. The way they cared for me was heartwarming. It was something uncanny.

But I loved being able to break down their walls. They were once cold to the touch, but now they embrace me with warmth. I am happy I was able to help them.

If only I could change their level of cockiness.

-

"You're not still getting that bad feeling right? It was Minho, yeah?" Chan questions, tightening his hold around my torso.

I shake my head, the pillow under me making a soft scratching noise from my earring. "It was Minho. The last time I got it was when he left."

Chan nodded, saying nothing further. We laid in the bed, it feeling empty. I missed him, even though he was just in the other room.

"You can cry," I whisper to him, rubbing his chest up and down. "You don't have to be strong. I'm here. It's okay."

"I think I'm still in shock from when I found him. It hasn't gotten to me yet."

"Channie... how did you find him? I mean, what did he look like?" It was a stupid thing to be curious about.

"You don't need to know that."

It was simple. He just didn't want to say it that way. The translation of it was: It was so terrifying, I can't describe it. His choice was good, not telling me. If he did, I'd probably have nightmares, even if I didn't see it directly.

"Okay."

-

When I enter my apartment, it was dead silent. Darkness encased the small home, having me squint to find the light switch.

I pushed it on, but nothing happened. I tried again. It's out. What the hell?

A low growl scares me away from the open space of the living room. Hands are on my biceps, grabbing at me and pushing me against a wall. I didn't have the chance to scream. One hand held my arms above my head, another wrapped itself around my throat.

It experimented with a light squeeze, hearing me gasp. A chuckle echoes through the room.

"Chan?"

I can't breathe. I feel the long, boney fingers press harshly into my neck, cutting off my air supply. I want to turn my head, kick him off of me, but it's not possible.

It burns.

_______

I feel bad about not publishing this weekend. Here's the chapter. It's just been a bit rough lately, but making you guys happy with my writing really helps me :) I hope you enjoyed•