Chapter 23: The Lost Piloswine! Mahogany Gym!

Start from the beginning

Growlithe barked in agreement.

Pryce stared at Tomo and Growlithe. "You young ones don't know the true meaning of Pokémon training," he said, "my son and daughter never understood the true meaning of Pokémon training. It's discipline on your Pokémon and showing them who's boss is what I have done for the last forty years of my life."

Pryce's words were clear to Luna that Pryce has been cold to his Pokémon and trains them with very strict discipline.

"Look here Pryce," Luna said, "I don't know what on earth happened to you or your Pokémon forty years ago, but friendship between humans and Pokémon always prevails no matter what the situation is. And I know that because my Pokémon and I go through everything together, because we are friends. No a family."

Pichu and Zorua nodded in agreement.

Pryce huffed, "I shall challenge you to a mock battle here and right now," he said, "and then I shall see if you are capable of battling me at the gym."

"Very well, I accept." Luna said.

Luna accepted it because she figured it was the only way to convince Pryce to battle her

Luna and Pryce took their place to battle, somewhere away from the waterfall and near a cliff.

Pryce sent out Dewgong to battle.

"A Dewgong, well then Mamoswine let go." Luna said and her giant brown Pokémon appeared.

Pryce looked at it in shocked same as Shiela, but he shook it off quickly it remind him of a Pokémon.

"Luna chosen a Mamoswine, interesting choice." Brock said.

"Yes but what do you expect from her." Misty said, "She always likes to be unpredictable."

"Ice beam Dewgong." Pryce said. Dewgong fired an ice beam attack from its horn.

Luna ordered Mamoswine to use ice beam to counter it. The two ice beam collied with each other. "Alright Mamoswine use ancient power." Luna said. Mamoswine glowed and the power turned into a orb and it hit Dewgong making it weak.

"Humph not bad kid." Pryce snorted, "Let's use headbutt Dewgong." Dewgong charged at Mamoswine, getting to headbutt him with its horn.

Luna stayed calm, "Mamoswine let's end this with flamethrower." She said. Mamoswine blew flames his mouth and it hit directly Dewgong.

Dewgong fainted from the strong fire type move, earning Luna the victory.

Luna petted Mamoswine telling him a great job, then she returned him back.

"Wow, when did Mamoswine learn flamethrower?" Brock asked.

"Um, Mamoswine learned some fire type moves from my fire type." Luna said, "Apparently my Pokémon are learning the impossible moves for their kind. Interesting isn't it." She smirked.

"Yes." Misty said.

Brock and Tomo nodded.

"That Luna is some trainer." Sheila said.

"So Pryce, now will you accept my gym battle?" Luna said.

Pryce returned his Dewgong in a huff, "Just because you won does not mean I accept having a gym battle with you." He said.

"What?" Luna frown. She was not happy with this at all.

Sheila wasn't happy with Pryce either, she thought that he is going overboard, "Pryce you are a gym leader and since Luna wishes to battle your gym you should accepted her request." She said sternly.