16. preperations and dinner invites

18+

"He got that boyish look that I like in a man

I am an architect, I'm drawing up the plans

It's like I'm seventeen, nobody understands
No one understands"

——
C H A P T E R S I X T E EN
preparations and dinner invites
——

The nerves of performing at the states biggest music festival were really starting to hit now.

It had been a normal morning... For about ten minutes.

Goldie and Bucky lay in bed, Buckys arms wrapped around her waist as he held her close to him, talking about how proud he was of her and how excited he was to see her perform.

Well... Now Goldie was on the floor of his bathroom throwing up.

"I can't do it." She said, sitting against the wall with her eyes screwed shut, "I gotta call Stark, tell him to find someone else."

Bucky sat next to her with her long hair which was yet to be braided, balled up in his hands to avoid getting vomit all over it.

"You're not gonna do that." Bucky said softly.

"Yeah there's no way he can find someone with this short notice." She said, moving back over to the toilet, Bucky double checking he had all of her hair held back.

He soothed her as she vomited again as a result from her nervousness for the festival the next day, "It's okay, you're okay," He whispered.

Once she was sure she was not going to be sick, Bucky took her into the living room and cuddled with her under a blanket until she was feeling herself again.

"I think I will be okay." Goldie said after a while of Bucky telling her everything would be absolutely fine.

"You're gonna be amazing." He said with a huge grin, "What are you planning on singing?"

"I wrote a new one." She said quietly, cuddling into his chest with Buckys arm wrapped tightly around her, "I think you'll like it."

"Mhm, is it about me?" He teased.

"More like, about us."

"I like that... Us." Bucky replied, he loved her so much that he was willing to do anything for her. "I like you, too."

"I like you too, idiot." She giggled, kissing his cheek.

"I like that you're mine. You are the best thing that's ever been mine." He whispered.

"Ditto." She smiled.

If singing in front of a crowd wasn't enough stress, deciding what to wear had just completely tipped her over the edge.

They had completely emptied Daisys wardrobe and Goldie just watched as Wanda filed through all of her clothes.

Apparently Daisys clothes were much nicer than the ones Goldie owned, so she was being forced into wearing something from Daisy.

"Please don't throw up all over that dress, it cost me like, my entire months wage from the store." Daisy said, watching as Goldie picked up a black dress, knowing she was still feeling pretty queasy.

"I'm not going to vomit." She insisted, further inspecting the dress.

"You can wear the dress if you want." Daisy said.