9. lover

18+

"Drop everything now

Meet me in the pouring rain

Kiss me on the sidewalk, take away the pain

Cause I see sparks fly

Whenever you smile"

--
C H A P T E R N I N E
lover
--

Just like every other day, Goldie was up and awake at sunrise.

Buckys shirt was still on the floor from the previous night, the bruises from her father had mostly disappeared, so she dressed with that, inhaling his scent that still lingered on the fabric and made her way to the living room, retying her braids as she went as between sex and sleeping, mostly all of her hair had escaped the braids.

She poured herself a class of orange juice and grabbed her notebook, sitting up on the couch with her new guitar.

The lyrics came to her instantly, Bucky inspired her in new ways she couldn't even explain.

She strummed the strings of the guitar, humming the melody as she went, and everything came together just the way she thought it would.

Soon enough, she heard footsteps, and then arms snaking around her waist and lips on her neck.

"Good morning to you, too." Goldie giggled, tilting her head backwards to meet Buckys eyes.

Bucky grinned, and stroked back her hair before giving her an upside-down kiss, his shirtless form meant his full sleeve of tattoos were visible, an instant turn on for Goldie.

"Good morning." He walked around the couch and sat next to Goldie as she moved her guitar and notebook to make space for him.

He placed his hand on the back of her neck, and pulled Goldies head closer to him to kiss her.

He could feel Goldie smiling as their lips moved in unison, her body instantly melting into his.

As she fell backwards onto the sofa, lying down looking up at him, she let out yet another giggle as Bucky balanced on top of her, his muscular arms pining her down in place.

"I think we should go out today." He said softly, his lips positioned at her ear.

"Yeah? What do you wanna do." She asked, combing her fingers through his hair.

"You." He murmured teasingly, a smirk on his lips. It had only been a day and he was already more comfortable around anyone else in his life than he remembered, maybe with the exception of Steve.

Goldie bit her lip to hold in the laugh and buried her head into his shoulder, "C'mon, Buck. We only have one full day left before Steve and Wanda come back."

"Yeah, yeah." Bucky sighed, "I know."

Bucky noticed the open notebook on her lap, and the pen in her fingers.

"What were you writing?" He asked, his face almost touching hers, their lips almost brushing together.

"A song." She snapped the notebook closed.

"Can I hear it?"

"No." Goldie said. No hesitation.

"Come on!"