11. calm before the storm

18+

"Loving him is like trying to change your mind

Once you're already flying through the free fall

Like the colors in autumn, so bright, just before they lose it all"

--
C H A P T E R E L E V E N
calm before the storm
--

"Goldie?"

Wanda Maximoff burst through the door of her parents cabin, her poor boyfriend trailing behind them, carrying both campaign bags.

"We just heard the news, we should get going in the next hour or so, just to be sure we make it back before the storm."

Goldie sent a worried look to the practically naked Bucky lying next to her in her bed.

"Quick, get in the closet." She whispered. Jumping out of bed and throwing a dressing gown around her to hide the fact she was wearing Buckys shirt, and was instantly grateful Bucky had pulled her hair out of her braids so that her hair hid the hickeys.

"You're kidding me, the closet?"

"It's either that or under the bed."

Bucky gave her a worried look before he climbed into the closet and attempted to pull the door closed behind him.

Goldie stifled a laugh at his attempt, and closed the door for him only seconds before Wanda walked into her room.

"Were you sleeping?" She asked.

"Uh... Yeah, yeah Bucky and I went for a hike, it kinda wore me out."

Technically it wasn't a lie. They did go on a hike. But that wasn't exactly what wore her out.

"Oh... Well. You can sleep in the car. There's a giant rainstorm coming that will flood the road we need to drive down to get back home. If we don't leave now it could be weeks before we get back to Elmdale."

Goldies eyes widened, "A storm? Great."

"Yeah, the reporters are saying it's some sort of freak storm. And the road here is too small to put in a drainage system, so we'd be stuck. With no way out to get anything from town and no way to get home."

"Oh, right well I'll get my stuff packed so we can leave."

"Great, can you let Bucky know we're leaving? I have to go pack too."

"Yeah, that's fine I'll let him know- Are you driving with Steve again?"

"Uh- We can travel together if you want to? I'm sure Steve wouldn't mind."

"No, no! You guys never got to finish your camping trip, you travel with Steve, Bucky and I don't mind."

Wanda thanked her and let her know that the four of them had to be away from the cabin as soon as possible, before leaving the room and going to the room she and Steve had been sharing, at the opposite end of the cabin.

Goldie couldn't help but laugh as she watched Bucky practically fall out of the closet, stumbling towards her as he regained his balance.

"'Bucky and I don't mind.'" He teased her words as he made his way over to the bed she was still sat on, throwing himself on top of her and plastering kisses all over her face.