7. alone

"When we decided, we decided

To move the furniture so we could dance

Baby, like we stood a chance

Two paper airplanes flying, flying, flying"

--
C H A P T E R S E V E N
alone
--

"What the fuck is that?"

Goldie was sat up with her legs up on the sofa as Wanda walked into the room, a giant hiking backpack on her back.

"Steve wants to go for a 3 day hike." Wanda said very unimpressed with the idea.

Goldie let out a shriek of laughter. This was Wandas idea of hell and it was hilarious.

"He said it will be romantic. I said it will be shit." Wanda groaned, making it obvious Steve won the debate.

"When do you leave?" Goldie asked.

Steve strolled through the door, his own backpack which was significantly larger than Wandas on his own back.

"Now." Steve said.

"So you're just leaving me and Bucky here?"

"Unless you wanna join us. You'll get your own backpack." Wanda patted the bag on her back.

"Absolutely not."

Wanda adjusted her backpack one last time, while Steve squeezed another bottle of water into the side of the pack.

"We better get going, Wands. So we reach where I wanna camp by sunset."

Wanda sighed again, "Yeah, I guess we should go."

Steve and Wanda made their way out of the cabin and Goldie stayed where she was, resting with her feet up on the couch. She could only imagine how much Wanda was hating the hike right now.

"Just us, huh?" Bucky asked, coming through to the living area where Goldie still was, this time scribbling lyrics once again in her notebook.

"Uh, yeah."

Goldie gulped as she saw Bucky.

His hair was wet, droplets of water running down his forehead. He was shirtless, his flawlessly tones abs on perfect view. His sweatpants hung low on his hips, Goldies gaze automatically drawn to his v-line which was partly visible due to how low he wore his pants.

Goldie quickly drew her eyes away so she wouldn't be caught staring.

Bucky opened the refrigerator and pulled out a carton of orange juice, pouring a glass for both him and Goldie.

He walked over and handed her the glass, and Goldie moved so he could sit next to her on the sofa.

"Hey, uh," Buckys tone grew nervous, Goldie had always seen him confident and cocky, so this really was a change in attitude for her, "I was uhm wondering if you'd like to have dinner with me tonight?"