Chapter 29: Transition

"Transition" refers to the process of changing from defense to offense (transition offense), or offense to defense (transition defense)

"Wake up, rookie!" Bryde slightly tapped Win's cheek as the latter lay slumbering on their small shared bed.

"Huh! What time is it?" Win mumbled sleepily as he tried to evade Bryde's cold fingers by pulling up his thin blanket to cover his head

"Huh! What time is it?" Win mumbled sleepily as he tried to evade Bryde's cold fingers by pulling up his thin blanket to cover his head. Bryde has just gotten out of the shower and is only wearing a towel around his waist.

"It's almost 6 in the morning!" Bryde said in the softest yet most urgent tone he can muster as he struggled to pull off the blanket from Win.

"Awww, too early!" Win whined as he valiantly tried to wrap the blanket around him despite Bryde's persistent tugs.

"Don't you have a seven am class? At the gym?" Bryde said pointedly and Win immediately shot up from the bed.

"Shit! How could I have forgotten?" Win held his forehead ruefully as he tried to open his eyes wider.

"I don't know about you but I think I know your schedule better than you do," Bryde scoffed as he went to the dilapidated closet to pull out his attire for the day.

"You are just so invested in me," Win said in a slightly accusing tone as his eyes wandered along the broad planes of Bryde's exposed back and full buttocks covered with the towel while the sophomore looks for suitable clothes to wear for his activities today.

"Enough with the sweet talk, you can use the shower now," Bryde said in a dismissive tone, feeling the heat of his lover's stare boring through his back.

"But the water is cold! They don't have a heater in the shower," Win protested as he disentangled himself from his thin blanket before swinging his long legs off to the side of the bed.

"It is only cold at the first stream," Bryde droned on impassively as he wondered if he should wear one of Win's shirts for tonight's gig for good luck.

"Can't we heat the water first?" Win asked with a pout as he wrapped his arms around Bryde's waist and placed his chin on Bryde's shoulder.

"I heated just enough for coffee," Bryde said simply as he finally decided on what to wear for the day despite his lover's warm body clinging to him like a koala.

"That would do, I will just grab a coffee on the way," Win sighed in defeat and Bryde shook his head in amusement as he moved towards the stove with Win still holding his waist loosely.

"Such a baby," Bryde teased as he added water to the contents of the small kettle he used to heat water for their coffee.

"I am not. I don't want to catch a cold because I am not used to bathing with freezing water," Win said in a slightly frustrated tone as he nuzzled his nose at Bryde's neck, smelling the sophomore's clean scent.