Chapter 19: Heartbreak Kid

"Good morning, Captain Wat!" Win greeted the football team captain who was about to get into his vehicle

"Oh, it's you Arwin, good morning! No class today?" Wat said as he closed the car door and leaned on it as he waited for Win to come closer. They are at the AS parking lot where they usually park after their classes at the AS building.

"Uhm, I came here to see you actually. I know that you go here around this time," Win said as he scratched his nape sheepishly.

"You could have just texted me or DMed me, what if I suddenly got too lazy to go to class today?" Wat said in a slightly chiding manner to put the freshman at ease.

"I know you aren't lazy, Captain. Besides, what I am going to say is something that should be said personally," Win explained as he looked at Wat's eyes pleadingly, willing him to understand.

"What's this about? Did you and Bryde have a falling out?" Wat asked in a softer tone, his eyes darting around them vigilantly to check for bystanders who might hear their conversation.

"On the contrary, we are together now," Win whispered back nervously.

"What? Already?" Wat asked in a slightly raised tone and the junior covered his mouth in astonishment at his outburst.

"Uhm, yeah. Things happened so fast and—" Win began bat Wat cut him off immediately.

"Wait, we can't talk here. Let me call Tine first so he could meet us for lunch. Call Bryde to join us, this is an emergency," Wat said as he fished his cellphone out of his pocket.

"Okay," Win agreed silently as he pulled out his phone to text Bryde.

"Coach, I need to tell you something," Bryde said while looking around the small office where the team's administrators usually stay when they need to do their research and other paper works

"Is that so important that it can't wait for later?" Guy said as he didn't even spare the team captain a glance and just continued arranging the sheets of papers on top of his desk.