Chapter 32: Opening Buzzer

"Win, wake up!" Bryde said as he tugged at the blanket bunched around Win's waist

"Win, wake up!" Bryde said as he tugged at the blanket bunched around Win's waist. He has showered and is now clad in a plain black shirt, denim jeans, and loafers.

"What? It's still dark," Win answered sleepily as he burrowed his face deeper into the pillow.

"Have you forgotten already? It's the first day of registration," Bryde persisted as he continued tugging at the blanket.

"Didn't you get everything through the CRS?" Win mumbled as he swatted his lover's hands away.

"No, I still lack an elective," Bryde replied evenly as he succeeded in tugging the blanket free from the sophomore's body.

"What kind of elective would you prefer?" Win rubbed his eyes sulkily as he lay prone on the bed. He is wearing a pair of dark blue silk pajamas still rumpled from sleep.

"Maybe one where we could be classmates?" Bryde said cheekily, amused at the sudden change in the freshman's expression.

Win practically jumped out of bed at that and scrambled to get his bag which is standing at the foot of the bed. He quickly rummaged inside for his registration form.

"Have you completed all your general education subjects?" Win asked tersely as he fished out his subject checklist from the folds of his organizer notebook.

"Not yet, I still haven't taken the Life of Rizal," Bryde said in a placating tone as he sat beside Win who is now staring at the piece of paper in his hand with dismay.

"But I can't take that yet! I have to finish Communications 2 first. I have Communications 2 this sem," Win whined as he realized that a freshmen's subjects are vastly different from a sophomore's.

"And you still have Communications 3 next semester," Bryde said in an amused tone as he pinched the freshman's nose playfully.

"I don't think we can have a common subject this semester. Why do subjects have prerequisites anyway?" Win sighed harshly as he folded the paper and slid it in the back cover of his organizer notebook.

"It's okay, rookie. You can go back to sleep now since you already have your subjects down pat. I have to go to the campus early because I still need to secure a slot for my elective," Bryde said in a soothing tone as he rumpled Win's already messy bed head.

"I can go with you. It would be boring to just stay inside all day," Win scratched at his nape sheepishly, he is already fully awake and it would be impossible to go back to sleep in this state.

"You miss me already?" Bryde playfully punched Win's shoulder and the freshman just grinned at that.

"Of course! Besides, I can run errands for you in case you can't leave the line," Win said smugly as he shuffled his bare feet against the underfoot rug beneath their king-sized bed.

"Sounds good to me. And you get to have first-hand experience about how hard it is to get slots on your second year," Bryde said in a taunting tone that had Win furrowing his brows as he remembered something.