Chapter 29: I'm Home

Samantha's POV

"Uncle Ben!" Shanaia shouted as she run towards Ben for a hug. I go back here for 3 days every year but I don't bring Shanaia with me. This is the first time in 5 years.

He told Shai to get her presents to the file room which she obey. Then he stared at me and move his head disapprovingly before he stare back at the papers his working.

"You're timing is so off. She's just here". I got shock. So she really the woman we saw at the parking lot. I'm sorry Shai I didn't believe you.

"Can you call her back?" he look at me. His face tells me to stop. Maybe I should but I can't.

"I'll hide. I just wanted to see her face."

"She looks worst Samber at hindi na yon babalik. Here" he handed me an envelope.

"She said to give it to you."

"I won't open it. I know she will let me go eventually but I'm not ready yet. She doesn't even tell me Anjie is not her daughter." i told him pero obvious naman na masama loob ko.

"Give her a breather your the one who told her you doesn't want her to be a part of  your life. Umalis ka kaagad without knowing anything. Just watch the news for me I'll buy foods. Come, Shai we're buying snacks."

Then they both left the office. As I was told I watch the news an hour later I got the news that will forever make my life full of regrets.