Chapter 10: Life Slaps You Back

Samantha's POV

Flashback

I entered our room and saw Alyssa packing her things. I'm confused last night we talked it out and even slept in the the same bed together.

"What's up with you that you won't stay with me?" I asked her from her back. I show her no emotion. I gave her everything she asked for. I waited and take her back no matter how many times she chose Kiefer over me.

"It's not what you think, sam" She said before approaching me. I stepped back to avoid her.

"Then what? You're doing it again Ly. You're leaving me again for Kief." I said while strongly keeping myself from crying. I'm done beggin for her to be with me, to love me.

"Baby look at me." she said while holding my face. "Look at me. Samantha I wanted what we have here. I wanted you. I love you. I just need to do somethings in Manila."

"No. It's happening all over again Ly. The moment you step out of this house you won't comeback. I know it. I feel it in my gut" I said it to her face while crying. I looked at her I wanted to be angry but who am I fooling. I am  in love with this girl.

"Stay here, wait for me till I comeback." She kissed me. I couldn't move, i felt like my existence, my body is being dissolved and I don't have the strength to move. I just watched her pack her things. I saw her look at me before leaving the house. That was the last time I saw you.

End of flashback

"So we're together together" Ly said after what I told her.

"More like I'm the third party. I mean you only go to me when you're not okay with him."

"And you settle with that? The first time I saw you thought you were an independent woman." This bitch? I really am not until I met you.

"Well life slaps me back when I met you and let me tell you the slap was damn hard." I sighed. I wanted to get angry at Alyssa just like how I wanted to get angry at her 12 years ago but I couldn't, that's only means I'm still in love with her. This bitch is in my blood.

" So what should I do now? " she look at me as if I have answer.

"You seriously don't remember anything?" i asked her eyebrow raised.

"You think I won't comeback to you if I did? When your that gorgeous? I'm no fool" she said making me look stupid for asking the question.

"If you were the old Alyssa? Of course you wouldn't have comeback to me. You're that much of a fool back then, uhh choosing Kiefer over me?!" I reiterated to her sarcastically.

"You can either stay here or come with me so we can figure out what really happened to you" I said to give her options. "We leave by Friday." I said to her before standing up.

"So is Shai..." she trailed of. But i cut her off.

"No, she's not our daughter. Crazy, we're both a girl you know." I told which made her change her mood.

"So you're seeing someone else?" The audacity really? I composed myself. I don't wanna bitch slap an amnesiac girl do I?

"Shai was made because I got drunk for losing you and end up habing one night stand with Scott her dad. Which not to mention has blue eyes, 6ft tall and has 6 pack abs" Huh at least I have a bragging rights.

"You're smitten with me tho. Cause if not you would have been married." She said smirking at me. I ignored her remarks and just watch the waves crush into the stone formation.

"Why didn't you looked for me tho? 12 years hindi mo ko nahanap?" she said sounding hurt. Kung hindi ka umalis di sana diba baka kasal na tayo?

I looked away. I don't want to shed tears for her again. "I looked for you just not in this Island. I looked for you everywhere, even had you ban from flying abroad. I guess no lack for me."

"Would you help me remember?" she asked.

"We can't stay here for long. I mean Shai will start school soon. I need to get back to my job. We can't stay here with you not to mention you have a girlfriend." she raised her eyebrow for a minute then laughed. I miss to hear that.

"Denisse and I, we're not together." I stand clear myself of the sands. I didn't give her any reactions.

"It's getting late. You still have 2 days to think." I walked away from her and get back to Shai.

Alyssa's POV

I was left dumbfounded. I smiled while watching her walk away. So I used to have that amazing woman in my life and let her slip away? I'm that much of a fool back then?

So I'm Alyssa Valdez? That explains the jersey then.

I was walking back to the Mayor's house when I decided to sit by the door. I didn't come in I just stayed sitting at the doorstep all night thinking of Samantha and the life I could've have had with her.

Maybe it's all too late.

I smiled while looking up at the sky. She already have Shai, of course she's happy.

My turn to let go then.