Chapter 28:Letters For You

5 years later

Alyssa's POV

I stared at Benedix. I hate that his pitying me. So I handed him a letter that's my only reason why I'm here.

"What's this? Resignation letter? Last will kasali ba pangalan ko dyan?" tuloy tuloy na sabi nito.

"I'm leaving." i told him as I stand up.

I know he understands. I just need to for a long time now. "Where to?" he asked.

"Why do you need to know? So you can drag my ass back here everytime she goes home?" Benedix laugh.

"You know me too well." I just stare at him no emotion no anything.

"She's fine. Let me, let her go." he's about to say something but I don't care. I walkout from his office.

She's fine. She's happy innit? I closed my eyes and sighed deep before I enter my car and drive.

It's been 5 years since we.. I lost her. Since I lost everything. I don't even blame Kiefer for what happened years ago. I just don't care anymore.

Flashback

Phone call...

B: goodnews or bad news?
A: you're wasting my time.
B: okay ito na. And good Anjie is someone else's child

When Ben said that my mind immediately rewinded my life with Kiefer up to every bit of reason why we always fight and how long I'm gone even the people he encounters.

Flashback inside of Flashback

"Ly?" I smiled when I saw my best friend. I walk towards her and give her a hug.

Her mood is just so gloomy. But I know her, I don't need to ask. She will tell me when she's ready.

"I'll be going away for a while. Don't worry I'll be back i just want to see you before I leave." then She hugged me and walk away.

End of flashback in flashback

A: it was.. Den's child.
B: the bad news is.. Wait what?!
A: nevermind go on
B: as. I was saying now you can tell Samantha that is about to leave the country 3 hours from now.

A: it doesn't matter Ben. Let her be.

Then i dropped the call. After that I went to Kiefer and took Anjie from him. He failed to resist when I slap him with the DNA result Ben fax me.

End of Flashback

When we went to Palawan where I last saw Den I found out that she's terminally sick. We stayed there. Anjie and I took care of her just like how she does when she found me. Den told me everything before she passed. She left me a little sushine.

I need to drive fast. Para maabutan ko yung school play ni Anjie baka magtampo na naman sa akin yung bata. I smiled when I look at the envelop. I legally adopted Anjie. She's My daughter now.

When I look back in front of me. My whole life flash before my eyes.