Chapter 27: The Choice

Alyssa's POV

Andito ako ngayom sa tabing dagat. Wala akong ibang dala kundi yung sasakyan ako at litrato naming tatlo nila Sam.

Muling pumatak ang luha ko ng maalala ko ang nangyari kanina.

Flashback

"I remember how you promised to buy me an island and build me a beach house." Sam said as she breaks the silence between us.

"That was a decade and year ago. You manage to make a living elsewhere with Denisse and I manage to build a family of my own and now I have Shanaia" at first I'm confuse so I did not talk I just listen to her.

"But I found you... Again... Under the most unexpected circumstances. I let you be part of my life until you become my world again. But then you vanish from thin air." I heard Sam sighed deep and swallow. It's like she's gaining courage.

"All I'm saying is that a long time had passed. Maybe we both change and that we just keep messing each other up. And that we used to share a love but only now we don't." Samantha cried in front of me. As if she's begging of something.

"What I'm trying to say is that, maybe we should let each other go. So you can go back to your daughter and I can give Shanaia a whole family." I didn't dare to look at her I only hear her voice breaks as she poured her tears.

"Maybe we just met so we can fix each other. I.. Love you. Please don't involve yourself in our life anymore." She gathered her things.

"Stop the car please." I stop the car. I just do whatever she says. Parang naubusan ako ng lakas para makipagtalo pa.

She left my car and hail a vehicle.

End of flashback

"Ahhhhhhhh!" I shouted angrily as if I'm hoping I can throw my heart to the sea. I look up there are no stars. There hasn't been for a long time now. Maybe that's why she left me.

Samantha's POV

"Sam? Why are you calling? Do you need anything?" Scott ask on the other side of the phone.

"Scott you're flight to Canada is tomorrow right?"

"Yes why?"

I'm desperate to get away from here. I needed the pain to stop and I'm afraid that if I see her face again I would die.

"Shanaia and I. We're coming with you."

Scott ask so many questions but I told him I will tell him when we arrived in Canada.