Chapter 1: Melody Of My Memory

Present

12 years passed by since I woke up remembering nothing. Since then, I've been surrounded by seemingly kind unfamiliar people. Within those years all I felt was that I'm an empty shell. All I remember  is that I'm watching vague images of a woman  walking by the shore singing the same  phrase over and over again. (Hinahanap hanap kita, mahal na nga ba kita)

The same girl who kep reappearing in my dream every night. I can't see her face. I can't remember who she is to me nor I can't remember my name and where I came from.

It's like I lose everything that makes me, me.

"Baldo!" the petite girl yelled to get my attention,
I looked at the direction of the girl who called me, It was denden one of the group of people who found
me by the shore. They can call me "Baldo " because when they found me I was wearing a jersey with Valdez written at the back.

"Kakain na tayo pinapatawag ka na nila Dad." sabi nito sabay upo sa tabi ko. Tinignan ko lang itong umupo at saka ko ibinalik sa dalampasigan ang tingin ko.

"iniisip mo na naman ba yung babae sa panaginip mo?" tanong nito at tanging tango lang ang naisagot ko. "I have to go back to Manila tomorrow to do some errands. I was wondering if you would like to come with me?We might be lucky and baka doon natin mahanap yung mga relatives mo since hindi natin mahanap dito." she continue to talk, but all I did was nod at her in silence. Honestly, hindi na ako umaasa kasi kung may pamilya nga talaga ako bakit hindi nila ako hinahap its been years 12 years to be exact for all I know they might think I'm dead.

I heard her sighed deeply. "Baldo, ease your mind everything will play out as it should be and if it won't, you are always welcome here. You can stay here with me, with us." I just smiled not reaching my eye and stand up then offered her my hand to help her stand up as well. 

"Let's go have dinner." Denden told me as I let her pull me towards the Mayor's villa.

THIRD P'S POV

"You know you have to go back to Manila eventually. You can't keep waiting for her to comeback and get you here. For all we know she's dead somewhere."

I'm at the veranda of our beach house in our private property in Palawan, unbothered by whatever he's saying. After all I already heard it over and over again.

" You can't keep doing this. She's not coming back but doesn't mean you'll rot here. We still have chains of hotel and other beach resort to manage not to mention the business you both founded before she disappear. I can't be the only one managing it sooner or later I will snap and we might end up lossing all you two build together. So please if you want to preserve her memory get yourself together. I need you to help me. " After his long repetitive speech I finally heard him slam the from door and drove with his car away.

I know this is not what she wants me to do. But I can't leave she might comeback and she might think I did not wait for her.

Minutes later I decided to walk barefoot on the shore as I watched the sunset.

When I got back to our beach house my phone suddenly rang. I looked at the caller ID and got disappointed when I saw who it is.

"For the nth time I'm not going back to Manila."

"This time you don't have a choice. Remember the Island she wanted to  purchased?"

"Yeah, what about it?" I replied as he finally got my attention.

"The island is being auctioned tomorrow and I heard the Lazaro's are determined to close the deal."

"Seems like you need to book me a flight. I will get that Island."