lii. i'm all about you

Start from the beginning

"Very thankful." She plastered on a smile, which was, surprisingly, not fake at all. She was happy that their friends cared so much that they'd come with them, but maybe a warning would have been nice. "So, feedback?"

"It's a nice location." Caradoc said, getting agreements from everyone else. The location had been the reason for Aurora and Remus' interest in the first place; there was a large forest behind the house and no neighbours until the outskirts of a nearby town.

"You have to paint over that green wall in the master bedroom." Regulus said, bringing Aurora's attention straight to him.

"When did you see that?" He shrugged and James and Sirius went scrambling off of their seats and up the staircase. All of them could hear the exclamations of horror come from the room upstairs.

"I'm going to take a wild guess," Lily said with a fond smile on her face. "That it's bad." Both Remus and Aurora grimaced at just remembering the colour.

Nearly a month later they had gotten the keys to the house and the first thing they did was bring a large can of white paint.

Aurora was using a small brush to coat the corners and sides of the wall whilst Remus went right ahead with the roller in the centre. The pair of them were already covered in some paint, most notably the fingerprints on Remus' cheek, from opening the can and accidentally getting their fingers covered.

They had a radio playing music in the background, going through the top hits with Take On Me by A-ha currently blasting through the speakers. Aurora could hear Remus humming along to the song and when she looked up from coating the bottom of the wall by the skirting boards she saw him mouthing along to the words.

"Good song?" She placed her paintbrush down and pushed up from her knees to stand.

"Great song." Remus smiled and placed his roller down as she moved closer to him, holding his hand out to her. Sceptically, she placed her hand in his and he pulled her forwards with enough force that sent her directly into him. Aurora put her free hand on his shoulder as he moved his onto her hip, letting them dance around the room.

She had to hide her laughs in the side of Remus' neck as he spun them from corner to corner, their feet getting covered in droplets of stray paint on the floor which had been previously covered with a drop cloth and held down with tape. They kept on like that until the song finished, Remus occasionally twirling her out and then pulling her back in.

"Great song." Aurora concluded as they slowed to a stop in the middle of the room.

Remus removed his hand from hers and brought it up to her face to move a stray hair back behind her ear. "I love you." She would never tire from hearing those words leave his mouth and the joy they brought her would never dim either.

"I love you too." And the smile that spread across his face every time she said it was the most beautiful thing she'd seen in her entire life.

"James!" Lily called out to her husband. "Do not let Harry get on that broom without a helmet!!" Aurora smiled from where she sat on the picnic blanket, her hands running through Remus' hair as he read his book with his head in her lap. It was a hot day which meant that everyone had been invited to the Potters' to enjoy it which subsequently meant James was running a Quidditch match with every participant he could find.

The Weasley's had all banded together, making a team of six, whilst James was recruiting Harry, Regulus, Sirius and Rosie to go against them. Aurora was very amused by how seriously James was taking it, refusing to be beaten by children.