27- loss

Mason slept over at Ella's once again, the spare room was practically his now, he even had his own drawer of clothes he kept there for when he was round. It was the middle of the night when Mason woke up to screaming and shouting from Ella's room. She had woken up in a pool of her own blood and severe abdominal pain. 

"Mason?... Mason (sobs) come quick Mase" Ella shouted as she sobbed. 

"What is it Ell?" He said as he burst into the room, he immediately saw the blood and knew what had happened. 

"Let's get you to the hospital, you'll be okay" He said as he helped her up. 

There was silence when they were driving to the hospital until Mason broke it. 

"Are you okay love?" He asked sympathetically, knowing she wouldn't be.

"What did I do wrong?" She sobbed again.

"It wasn't your fault Ell, don't say that" 

Mason stayed in the hospital with Ella for the whole sixteen hours they were there, he slept a little in the chair next to her bed, Ella couldn't get a minute of sleep. She was devasted. They had run tests, run scans and given her blood for the blood she had lost, but nothing could bring back her baby she had lost, there was a part of her missing. 

Finally, they were leaving, the pair were photographed leaving the hospital by paparazzi, Ella concealed her face with her hood up and Mason protected her by shielding her from the cameras.  

The headline read: 'Chelsea player- Mason Mount seen leaving hospital with female friend'

Soon enough Ella's phone appears with a notification. 

                                                                        Jack Grealish x

Ella are you okay, why are you at hospital? x

read 16:26 

She didn't reply, she didn't know what to say, he'd lost his baby too yet he didn't know it existed. 

Mason dropped Ella home, the journey was spent in silence.

"I can stay if you'd like, or you can stay at mine- I've spoken to Sarri, he said to take off as much time as you need." Mason explained not knowing what else he could do to make his best friend feel better.

"Thanks, Mase but I think I just wanna be by myself for tonight, thank you for everything"

"Don't worry Ell, everything will be okay, I love you" 

"I love you too" She attempted to smile.

Ella opened her door, she saw the bloody sheets Mason had taken off her bed on the floor, Ella placed them in the bin, she fell to the ground crying, not able to hold it together any longer. Meanwhile, Mason was texting Jack.

                                                                        Jack Grealish

                                                                                                                 I think you should go and see Ella in the                                                                                                                    morning, something has happened. She                                                                                                                    doesn't know it yet but she'll need you                                                                                                                        mate. 

What do you mean Mase?                                                                                                                                                  What's happened to her?                                                                                                                                                  Is this about her at the hospital?

There was a knock at the door, Ella ignored it, the knocking persisted. Ella opened the door to see Jack standing there. 

"What's happened?" He questioned gently, he walked in and held her arm lightly noticing her tear-stained face.

"I was... I was pregnant. I lost the baby Jack. I lost our baby Jack" She tried to keep it together. Jack was shocked, he covered his mouth and pinched his chin in upset.

"I'm so sorry Ell, I had no idea, I didn't even know you were pregnant" He opened his arms for her and allowed for him to comfort her. 

"I don't want you to hold me, because if you hold me I'll start to cry and I don't want to start crying again because if I start crying I will not be able to stop" 

"Okay whatever you need I'm here" 

"We were gonna have a baby" She wiped a tear from her face. 

Jack simply hugged her and kissed her forehead. The pair spent the rest of the evening and night on the sofa, Ella fell asleep resting on Jack, he stroked her hair as she fell asleep.