26- morning sickness

one month later...

A month of no contact and a late period later, Ella woke up and threw up for the second day in a row. 

"Miss Stratford..." The nurse started as she spoke to Ella who was sitting in the chair opposite her at the hospital.

"Your results have come back and shown the reason for your sickness. You're pregnant, five weeks to be exact" She added. Ella was in shock, this was the last thing she needed on her plate right now, but it all made sense now.

"Shit, well okay that makes sense now" Ella spoke her thoughts out loud. 

 She was driving home, overwhelmed with emotions, Ella decided to re-route and drive to Mason's, he was the only person she could think of speaking to at this moment in time, she needed her best friend.

She finally turned up to his house and let herself in as usual, using the spare key under the plant pot outside. 

"Hey, Mase it's me!" She shouted as she entered the house. Mason soon appeared coming down the stairs still dressed in his pj's. 

"Ay up Ell, what did the doctors say?" He questioned, he was aware of what was going on as Ella had been off work the past two days due to all the sickness, she had been exhausted for the past week. Ella didn't reply at first. 

"Ella?..." Still no reply. "Is it bad?" He pressed.

"I don't exactly know... I'm pregnant" She said sheepishly, Mason surprisingly sighed with relief.

"Sorry, you took so long to reply I thought you were gonna say you have cancer or somet, phew" Mason replied. "Wait oh shit, are you being serious?" He realised what she said.

"Deadly" 

"Well that makes sense I guess, is it Jack's?" He questioned. Ella nodded in response. 

Another week had passed, Ella hadn't stopped thinking about her pregnancy, it was only Mason who knew about it. He had been checking in on her every day, bringing her food and anything else she wanted. He didn't bring it up too much as Ella's silence on the topic said enough. 

It was officially the first game of the season- Chelsea vs Aston Villa, Ella sat on the sideline, kitted out in her long Chelsea coat and tracksuit. Luckily she was not needed during the game at Stamford Bridge, the match finished 2-1 to the home team, a good start to the season. 

Ella, Mason, Ben and Ruben went out for a little celebration that night for the first win of the season and Ella's first game with Chelsea, they went out into London, of course, Jack had to be there too with Tyrone as his wingman. 

They were all in the club together, with other players from both teams joining as the night continued. Ella mostly avoided Jack for the night, therefore, avoiding an argument. 

"Ella what can I get you to drink?" Ruben questioned.

"Oh I'm okay thanks, I'm sticking to the lemonade" She said not wanting to drink alcohol.

"No no, let me buy you a drink" He insisted.

"I'm seriously okay, I've got to get up in the morning, but thank you Ruben" She lied. Jack didn't like the way he was insisting she drank, he watched the conversation glaring at the Chelsea player.