19- sweet caroline

Ella woke with Jack's body surrounding her in his bed. There was a subtle ache between her legs as she tried to move, remembering Jack's way of apologising last night.

"Morning babe" Jack said in a tired voice.

"Morning, we need to get up, you've got your last session before the game and I've got a one to one session with Stones"

"Are you being serious?" He questioned, jealous that someone else was spending the morning with his girlfriend.

"No, I'm lying" She said sarcastically, as he rolled his eyes at her.

"Come on Grealish, let's go" Ella said, sitting up and tapping his leg.

The pair walked through the hotel together as they received curious looks from the rest of the squad.

"Why do I feel like everyone is giving me funny looks, have you told anybody about us?" Ella queried.

"Only Ty? I needed advice" Jack replied.

"You really asked Tyrone for girl advice, since when was he good with the opposite gender?"

"Oh you'd be surprised" He chuckled.

"Anyway I only told Mase"  Ella added.

"Well let's face it then, he will have told Dec, and he could gossip for England" Jack said in realisation.

"Great, just perfect" 

"Don't worry about it Ell, at least everyone else can stop flirting with ya now" Jack happily exclaimed.

"Oh no, I'll miss that part" She joked but quickly received a strong stare from the Brummy.

"I'm jokin', I'm jokin'" She added.

John sauntered over towards the pair with a cheeky smirk across his face as usual."So you two then eh?" He hinted between Jack and Ella.

"Oh shut up Johnathon" She said.

"Nah I'm all for it, as long as your both happy" John admitted.

The squad were in Samara for the quarter finals against Sweden, the nerves were increasing by the minute for everybody in the squad, Ella was sat with Gareth for the first half of the game. She was taken by surprise when she was picked up by him when Maguire scored in the thirtieth minute, everyone went wild, the players, the coaches, the fans. 

The second half had begun and the team were still 1-0 up, everyone on the sideline remained calm as the players entered the pitch once again, the team talk must have worked because in the fifty-eigth minute Deli scored, securing a 2-0 will for the England team. The stadium erupted once again, the team and fans couldn't believe England were going to the semi-finals.

The plane journey back was ecstatic, Jesse was blasting 'sweet caroline' through his huge portable speaker as the rest of the squad sang along in unison.