Ice Cream Cake- Ravey

Race trudged up the stairs quietly, making sure to skip the squeaky step. We should really get that fixed.

He opened the door to his shared bedroom and walked over to his roommate, Davey. They met this year, and he was studying an English major, which means he's really smart, and really hot, but that doesn't matter right now.

Race poked his back. "Davey, you up?"

Nothing. Race sighed and looked around, poking him again. "Hey, can you wake up?"

"What, Race?" Race blushed at the sleepy and deep voice, clearing his throat.

"I have to make a cake", Race whispered, looking at the door. "I need your help."

"Why?" Davey sighed and rubbed his eyes, sitting up in bed. Race blushed again at the sight of his chest. "Isn't that more your thing?"

"Um, yeah", Race muttered, looking away quickly. "But- but I can't reach some things, and the cake I'm making requires two people or I'll make a mess, then-"

"I'm already up", Davey sighed, pulling the covers back. "Come on."

Race led him out of the room and to the kitchen, jumping over the squeaky step. "Why couldn't you get Jack or Albert to help you?"

"Neither of them are happy campers when it comes to being awake at two in the morning", Race answers, swinging around the kitchen counter. "And they can't bake."

"Well, how do you know I can?"

"You give off the vibes."

Davey chuckled and folded his arms across his chest. "What are we making?"

"Ice cream cake", Race smiled, grabbing cake pans. "That's why I needed you."

Davey furrowed his brows, looking at the time from the microwave. 2:09am. "Wouldn't it have been easier to just buy the cake?"

"Everything tastes better with love, David", Race says obviously, pulling out his phone. "Plus, it's too late to buy one."

"Walmart is open until three."

"I would've gotten lost."

Davey laughed quietly, putting his hands up in surrender. "Fine. I'll help."

"Thank you", Race smiled, looking at him and blushing again. He still doesn't have a shirt on.

Davey looked down at himself. "I should probably put a shirt on", he thought out loud. "I wouldn't want to have to take a shower again."

Race smiled. Noooooo! Whyyyyyyy?!

Davey left without another word and Race sighed deeply when he heard the taller walk up the stairs.

Race had a secret crush on one of his roommates, and he hated it. He constantly wanted to ask him out, but his brain told him not to because what's the point in doing that when he could just admire from afar?

Race took a deep breath, turning around when Davey came back, this time with a shirt. "You ready?"

Davey nodded, looking at the sink. "We should wash our hands."

"Right."

They both moved to the sink, clashing when they reached for the soap. "Sorry", they muttered together, chuckling quietly.

They took turns washing their hands, Davey finishing first and sighing. "So, how do you make ice cream cake?"

Race shrugged and dried his hands. "That's a third of the reason I asked for your help."