30 minutes- Crutchie, Jack, Race, Davey, Albert

Jack was driving away from a local gas station. Him and his boys (Davey, Crutchie, Race, and Albert) were driving to Santa Fe to see Jack's old home. Everything was going smoothly, until Davey did a head count 30 minutes after they drove away from the gas station.

"What?" Jack glanced at Davey, trying to keep an eye on the road. His friend had a worried expression on his face.

"We left Crutchie", Davey responded. Jack hit the brakes immediately and turned to look at Davey.

"Oh, shit."

Meanwhile, Crutchie was standing outside the gas station, having just come out from the convenience store. He stood on his crutch and looked around, trying to track Jack's car. He sighed defeatedly and sat on the curb, waiting for the car to turn around.

This isn't the first time he's been left behind. Race once left him at Chili's after their graduation-party-get together. He left to use the restroom for two minutes, and Race was gone. One of the employees had to drive him home.

There was also that time Davey left him at the mall. He sat on the curb for a total of 14 minutes before David's car pulled up. They had to go back in because Davey felt guilty and bought Crutchie more clothes, leaving them late for Jack's birthday party, but it was worth it in a way.

The old homeless man that came up to him sat there nodding his noggin  and glaring at Crutchies forehead. Charlie scooted over in discomfort and heard the homeless man smack his lips.

"You, my friend, are very unlucky", he said, pulling a cape from his shoulders and disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

Crutchie sat there then turned to look in the distance. "What the fu-"

That's when a car pulled up. Crutchie moved his legs from the other side of the curb quickly, his wish of breaking his other leg being very low.

He analyzed the car, noting it to be a party bus, probably filled with drunk 20 year olds and male strippers. One of the windows were rolled down and an old woman poked her head out. She had a sash that had "Ok Boomer!" stitched on it.

"Hey! Sweet cheeks", the old woman yelled. "Do you wanna ride?" (Someone pls get this-)

On one hand, Crutchie could get kidnapped. Sure, it wouldn't be the first time, but that's bad. On the other hand, he could hang out with old people for a few minutes. On the foot, there's a party happening right in front of him, and being a Morris-Kelly-Larkin, his option was clear.

Crutchie grabbed his crutch and hobbled his way to the front of the bus, where he was met with the sounds of rap music, dancing old people, and Kanye West.

Crutchie partied his way through the bus, eventually finding Kanye and Snoop Dogg- who he didn't see earlier because of all the old people- and sat with them to have a smoke and play cards.

He chatted with Mr. Dogg and smoked weed, winning a few rounds of poker. By the time he was back at the gas station, he had a visor and a backpack filled with money.

He went into the convenience store and bought a bunch of MnM's and Hershey's bars. He wobbled over to the refrigerators and grabbed a bunch of Mountain Dew and one can of Arizona tea. As he was grabbing it, two men in a mask came in and blasted Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance with Somebody" and shot up the place.

Crutchie stood there and watched as one of the men danced his way to the cashier, demanding money to the tune of the song. Once they got what they wanted, they danced out the store, and drove off in a Barbie Kiddie Car from Toys R Us.

Crutchie looked around, shrugged, and walked out the store, once again waiting for Jack's car, who got pulled over by an officer ten minutes into driving back to the gas station.

"Officer, I swear", Jack pleaded. "I left my crip brother at a gas station. He's probably been kidnapped by now, and here you are, stopping me from picking him up-"

Davey slapped his hand over the shorter's mouth. "Sir, we really are in a rush. If you could just let us go-"

"Ok, yeah, whatever," the officer sighed, and walked back to his car and sped off.

Jack grumbled angrily as he continued driving, wishing and hoping and dreaming and praying Crutchie would be okay.

But Crutch was fine. He ended up becoming friends with the cashier that nearly got her face blown off. They were having a conversation about serial killers, currently on the topic of Ted Bundy.

"He was hot!" Crutchie smacked his face with his palm as the girl, who he learned was named Jenna, threw her arms in the air. "Tell me I'm wrong."

"You're wrong", Crutchie said as Jenna groaned. "He literally killed people for fun. Plus, he was a necrophiliac!"

"Ok, ok", Jenna chuckled. "You're right, but-"

"Hey, kids!"

Both of them turned to see a bald man with no hair open his jacket and showcase packets on marijuana. "You like weed?"

"I do!" Jenna's co-worker, Micheal ran up to the man, fishing cash out of his pockets and counting to see if he had the price. "Hey, Jer-Bear!"

"What?" Crutchie turned to look at the backroom, assuming there was someone else there.

"Where's my supersuit?" Micheal handed the man his money and grabbed the two packets of weed. Crutchie noticed it was the man from outside.

"Bitch, are you getting high without me?!" Everyone could here Jer-Bear's voice throughout the store, but was too focused on the disappearing homeless man.

"Not yet." Micheal checked his supply and walked back to the room.

Crutchie saw that Jack's car was outside, probably getting gas again. He waved at his new friend, and grabbed his crutch, slinking his way to the car that was being pumped with gas.

When he got there and opened the car, he was met with sighs of relief. Davey rubbed his head and messed up his hair, retracting his arm when Jack nearly climbed into the back to give Crutchie a kiss on his forehead.

"Are you okay? I hope we weren't gone too long. I'm sorry, Crutch. Really I am-"

"Jack, I'm fine", Crutchie answered. "I had fun. I saw a magic homeless guy, danced with old people, smoked with Snoop and Kanye, was caught in a robbery, and made a new friend."

"Well", Jack sighed. "That's good- wait. You were caught in a robbery?!"

The boys laughed at Jack's reaction as they drove away from the gas station, and back on the road, for a little more than 30 minutes.

————————————————————————

This was fun. I was just spewing random ideas of things that can't logically happen within the span of 30 minutes and I just....I understood the assignment too much.

I also like writing this stuff with Crutchie as the main character. It's funny to me. Idk why.

Anyways, have a nice time of day👌🏾