Soulmates- FinchxCrutchie, Jack

Finch was walking the halls of The World High School, heading to Science class. He felt a buzz in the back of his mind, excited to be walking to his favorite class as Rex Orange County played through his headphones, the ones he got for his birthday today.

This morning was a good morning. His mom made his favorite pancakes- blueberry pancakes with maple syrup. He loved those pancakes, especially since he only ever ate those pancakes.

So to say today was the best day ever would be an understatement because today is the greatest day ever.

I like to think so, too, a voice inside his head.

Finch haulted, standing with his eyes wide. He looked around, trying to see who said that—or even who was reading his thoughts—but found no one. Everyone was minding their own business.

Maybe I'm hearin' things, he thought, continuing to walk to class.

I like to think that's kinda the point, the voice chuckled.

You sure do think a lot.

Sassy. In a way, it suits you.

How would you know? Finch stopped at his classroom. I have to get to class.

Okay, Finch heard the voice chuckle. Happy Birthday, Finch.

Finch walked into the classroom, a confused but happy look on his face.

How does he know my name?

—————

Crutchie sat next to his brother, Jack, in PE. Crutchie was smiling as Jack teased him about his soulmate.

"It was nice talkin' to him", Crutchie says, shaking his head at his brother's antics. "I do wish I could meet him, though."

"So you could give him a big, fat-"

"Shut up, Jack", Crutchie rolled his eyes, pushing his brother away. "You's a hypocrite."

"I don't even know what that means, but I am still offended by it."

"You's the one who met Davey through a touch like in some bad rom-com movie!"

"Hey!" Jack defended, pointing a finger in the blondes face. "If we was a rom-com movie, we'd be the best rom-com movie to ever exist!"

"Sure", Crutchie muttered, looking at the gym entrance. He saw a cute boy with curly, messy brown hair and a shy smile on his face.

The boy walked through the gym and to the coach, handing him a stack of papers.

He's cute.

Who?

Crutchie chuckled when he heard Finch's voice. This guy in my gym class. He's talkin' to the coach.

Oh, hey, that's funny! I'm talkin' to the coach right now! Crutchie felt a silence in his head, but he knew Finch was still there. Wait-

Crutchie giggled, looking at Finch from across the gym, waving. He saw Finch excuse himself and jog over to him. Jack looked at his brother confusedly as he braided his shoelaces.

"Who-"

"Hi!" Finch put his hand out. "I'm Finch."

"I know", Crutchie says, grabbing his crutch and standing up. He shook Finch's hand. "I'm Crutchie."

"Cool", Finch responded, placing his hands in his pockets. "So, um-"

"You's probably confused", Crutchie figured, chuckling softly. "We's soulmates? And we have the telepathy connection."

"Oh! I was told it was super rare to have that."

"It is."

"Well, I guess that just makes you even more special."

Crutchie blushed, giggling a little and looking away. "What? Nooo..."

They heard Jack giggle a little, chewing on something. They decided to ignore him, since he'd been grounded from TV and he wasn't gonna be watching another romantic comedy for a another week.

"It's really nice to meet you", Finch says, smiling brightly. "Some might call it the best birthday present ever."

"Well, I have an even better one", Crutchie retorts, smirking. "You? Me? Date? Friday?"

Finch blushed slightly, chuckling. "Sure. Thank you."

"Always", Crutchie beamed. "If you want to?"

"What a way to ask someone out, I mean", Jack imitates something blown up, "genius! I wish I'd have thought of that when I asked out Davey."

Crutchie looked at Jack confusedly. "But Davey asked you-"

"Shhh, go back in the movie!" Jack remained laser focused as he ate crackers.

Crutchie and Finch laughed, looking back at each other. They stared into each other's eyes, just smiling.

Then the bell rang.

"Oh!" Finch looked at the ceiling, realizing that he had to be in his next class in five minutes, as well that he missed the rest of his Science class. "Well, I should get going."

Crutchie smiled, and nodded. "Happy birthday."

Finch smiled and kissed Crutchie on the cheek. "Thank you. Friday?"

"Friday", Crutchie repeated, awestruck as he watched his soulmate walk away. He kept hand on his cheek, still remembering the lips that kissed him there.

"Wow", Jack chuckled, clapping. "Now that? That was a movie worth watchin'."

Crutchie rolled his eyes. "Jack. Stop. It's gettin' a little weird." Crutchie walked away, leaving Jack in offense.

"Wha- I can't help I'm a hopeless romantic! And where were you when I needed help flirtin' with Dave, huh?! Maybe then I wouldn't lose our flirtin' competition!"

Crutchie laughed as he walked to class, focusing on his date Friday...

With his possible boyfriend.

————————————————————————

This is cute, I'll admit, but I think I wrote it badly.

Anyway, here's some FinchxCrutchie for you! I feel like I need to write Crutchie into more stories, so I guess this is the best way to do it.

Also, my teacher just gave me notes I'm assuming he wants me to review.

🦓Sherlee