5:00am- Jackpot

Um, Spot is taller in this because I've never written a tall Spot and I wanted Jack to FINALLY be shorter than someone other than Davey. (And Specs bc Jordan Samuels is almost 6'4)
——————————————————————

Spot was used to waking up early. His job called for him to have to wake up at five AM almost everyday, where he'd drive for at least an hour before getting to work. Luckily, he was always a morning person.

Jack, on the other hand, could wake up whenever he wanted. Being an artist definitely had its advantages, waking up whenever he wanted being one of them. Since luck seemed to always be on his side, he was a night owl by heart.

So, as expected, you can imagine the struggle he went through when it was time for him and Spot to wake up for their flight.

"Come on, Jack", Spot says, standing over his husband. "We have to be at the airport at 7:00."

"Don' wanna", Jack slurs, digging his face further into the pillow. "Leave me aloneeee."

Spot sighed and sat on the bed. He was already dressed to go, which is why he woke up an hour earlier. He knew Jack was a stickler for sleep. "If you don't get up, I'll have to use drastic measures."

Jack shot up, eyes closed. "Do not tickle me."

Spot chuckled. "There's my boy."

"I'm a man", Jack muttered, his voice breaking in the process. He sighed and rubbed his eyes, heading towards the bathroom, blindly. "A freaking grown man."

Spot chuckled and waited, listening to the water in the shower hit the tile floor.

—————

After 15 minutes, the shower stops and rustling can be heard from the bathroom, meaning Jack was probably getting dressed.

He saw the clothes and towel Spot had left for him and smiled. He was a little more awake now, but not enough to talk to anyone about anything. Not to mention, he was still a little delirious.

He brushed his teeth and put on his clothes, walking out of the bathroom quickly. He stood in the doorframe, eyes squinted as he became tired again. "I'm done", he muttered.

Spot chuckled and stood up, walking over and pulling at Jack's t-shirt, which had remnants of water from his hair and chest. "No, you're not."

Jack nodded his head, then began shaking it as Spot pushed him back into the bathroom.

They stood in front of the mirror, the taller grabbing the unused towel and placing it in Jack's hair, ruffling it a bit. "You didn't use the towel at all?"

"I forgot what it was for", Jack mumbled sleepily, closing his eyes. Spot was making the poor boy more tired by the second.

Spot laughed and continued drying Jack's hair, until he felt it was dry enough. He grabbed the shorter's brush and ran it through the loose curls, hoping he didn't notice.

Jack didn't really like to brush his hair. He sort of let it go where it wanted, and ran his hand through it when it was noticeably unruly. No one really knew why he had a brush if he never used it, but no one chose to question it, knowing the artist had his reasons.

They stood in silence, Spot concentrated on taming his husbands curls and Jack concentrated on not falling asleep in his husbands arms. It was a calming situation they had going, and a place of comfort was felt.

Spot placed the brush on the counter, smiling at his work. "Done."

Jack opened his eyes slowly, looking at the neatness of his hair. He stared at himself for a moment before shaking his head vigorously, turning his hair into a forest.

Spot laughed, ruffling up Jack's hair. "You just couldn't let me have this, could you?"

"Nope", Jack smiled before yawning. They walked out of the bathroom, shutting off the lights. They walked over to their closet grabbing Jack a new top- a green sweater with a small dinosaur on it- and a pair of shoes for each of them. After, they walked over to their bed, grabbing their suitcases and backpacks.

As they were about to leave, Jack stopped and ran back in, grabbing a stuffed giraffe. "We forgot Ape."

Spot laughed and kissed Jack's forehead, leading them out to the car.

————————————————————————

I have come to terms with the fact that my favorite thing to write ever is a softer side of Jack because I see him as a hopeless romantic and it's very hard to
s t o p.

Anyway, 🦒 this is Ape. He's the giraffe.