Snitches Get Stitches

"I'm just saying Macbeth is kind of a badass." Tommy shrugs from his desk.

"Language, Tommy." The English teacher scolds tiredly from the front of the room.

"But I'm being truthful!" Tommy's eyes widen innocently. "Even though he went a little mad- which is bound to happen to everyone eventually- he was a determined bloke!"

"Who caused his own downfall." Wilbur rolls his eyes from the back of the room. "Of course you would think Macbeth was some kind of cool role model. He's quite literally the most irresponsible and power-hungry person of all time."

Alex cackles at Wilbur's clap back.

Tommy crosses his arms, blowing a curl of blonde hair off his forehead. "No. Lady Macbeth is the most irresponsible and power-hungry person of all time. Macbeth had second thoughts and started to feel guilty."

"So he's a terrible person who can't hold himself accountable because he doesn't have the balls to say no." Wilbur leans forward in his desk. "Got it."

"Like you know what having balls is like." Tommy jabs lightly, making Clay and a couple classmates chuckle.

Karl turns his head around to face the two boys. "Do you guys wanna take it outside or..." He splits into a grin.

"Alright!" The teacher pipes up. "Does anyone else want to share their ideas on the play? Nick? How about you?" He gestures towards him.

Nick puffs out his cheeks, sitting low in his seat. "I dunno, teach. I feel like Tommy and Wilbur kind of covered it." He nods, scrunching his lips together.

"Coming from someone who SparkNoted." Alex coughs into his fist, earning a hard thwack from Nick.

This makes Clay wheeze, and soon enough the whole back corner of boys are laughing.

The teacher goes to interrupt but the phone at his desk starts to ring. "One second, talk amongst yourselves." He walks over to his desk.

Clay turns to Nick. "Pay up." He holds his hand out with a toothy smile.

Nick groans, fishing in his pocket.

Tommy looks at the both of them bewildered. "Did you two bet on me?!"

Clay giggles. "As soon as I saw this play on the syllabus I knew you were gonna side with Macbeth." He says, grabbing the money from Nick.

"You're such a dumbass, Tommy." Nick shoots him a glare, which only makes Clay laugh harder. "Even I know Macbeth sucks and I didn't even read the play."

"Yo, that's kinda smart, can we bet on the next play?" Alex chimes in. "All you have to do is figure out the bitchiest most annoying person and that's Tommy's favorite!"

Clay barks out a laugh which makes Karl break into a fit of giggles.

"Clay, Nick, Wilbur, Tommy, Karl, and Alex?" The teacher calls from his desk.

They all simmer down and looks across the room.

"Dean Himbry wants to see you in his office. Now. You can take your things with you."

***
The six boys walk down the hall together.

"At least we got out of English, ey?" Tommy says loudly.

"How did the Dean find out?" Alex murmurs with a clenched jaw.

"It's not like we were being super secretive, Alex." Karl whispers back with his hands in his pockets.

"We've been doing this for 3 years-"

"He definitely knows we're doing something." Wilbur cuts Alex off. "He knew as soon as we started doing it. He's not stupid."