Realizations

"See you at dinner, Clay." George nods softly.

Clay leaves the brunette, his legs moving faster than he wants.

George watches him practically run away, leaving him with a funny feeling in his chest.

Jeez.

He leans against the vending machine, biting his lip.

Why does he feel so stupid?

He didn't mean to hurt Clay's feelings he just... can't get attached. Like he always does with guys who never like him back. He moves his hair out of his face. God, he sucks at reading signs. But Clay asked him, not the other way around. That's gotta mean something. Doesn't it?

"Look who it is."

George immediately recognizes the voice behind him. So poorly timed.

He turns around, looking up at the tall guy. "Is that like your catchphrase or something?" George crosses his arms.

Peter smiles. "I dunno, maybe it should be." He says, smug as ever. He rests an elbow towards the top of the vending machine, dominance oozing off of him. His grey eyes shamelessly scan George from head to toe. "The skirts hot."

George looks down, almost forgetting his outfit completely.

"Or maybe it's just the knee high socks." The words come out of Peter's mouth like honey.

George scoffs. "What do you want?" His voice mean.

Peter raises his eyebrows. "Well first of all, you're blocking the only good vending machine."

George realizes he's still not even an inch away from it. "Oh."

"But I was actually here for your blonde bimbo of a friend." He flashes his white teeth. George holds his chocolate milk tight, fiddling with the wrapping. "But it seems like he left in a hurry." Peter's bottom lip pops out.

"Yeah, I think he sensed you coming." George's lips move quickly, his voice flat.

Peter lets out an icy laugh. "I forgot how funny you are." His eyes pierce George's.

George raises an eyebrow swiftly as a response.

Peter squints his eyes, his smile growing big. He sighs, adjusting the wrists of his blazer. "Well, do you know his dorm number? I want to see him."

"Sorry, don't know it." George turns on his heels, walking away from Peter.

"I'm not that fucking dense." Peter follows him. "You show transfer kids to their dorm. I know you know it."

"Well, I forgot." George shrugs. "Bug him another time."

Peter stays on George's heels. "Do I hear a bit of jealousy in your voice, Georgie?"

"Hm, all I seem to hear is a desperate begging bitch." George retaliates, his voice light. "So I couldn't tell you."

Peter grabs George's arm, spinning him around. He towers over him, attempting to read George's taunting eyes. "Do you think he likes you or something?"

George rips his arm out of Peter's grasp, glaring up at him.

Peter grins. "You really think the American delinquent gives two fucks about you?"

George laughs. "You don't even know him."

This makes Peter hum with amusement. "I bet I know him more than you do." His tongue licks the inside of his cheek. "Sorry to burst your school romance bubble, but he's not another one of those girls, obsessed over you like last year. Dying for a chance to hang out with you, even though they were perfectly aware you'd only reject them."