Roommates

"Maybe we should've brought like, an edible arrangement or like a muffin basket or-"

"Shut up." Clay shushes Nick's rambling.

They are stood in front of the bathroom buddies room.

"How hard can this be? It's just a couple of losers." Clay exhales and knocks on the door.

...

"What do ya want? Dinner call ain't for another hour. I'll get up eventually." They hear a voice holler through the door.

"No, it's the people next door?" Nick hollers back. "Today's our first day- and uh"

Crashing and banging escape through the door. Nick winces when he hears the sound of glass shatter. "You know, if this isn't a good time we can-"

The door whips open to reveal a bushy haired blonde boy. "Roomies!" He screams for too long. His eyes are wide and one hand is in the air.

The blazer to the uniform is missing on this guy. His tie is loose around his neck and his shirt is untucked.

"Come in come in, mi casa es tu casa."

Nick and Clay make their way into quite the messy room. Right as you walk in you are stopped with two bean bags placed perfectly in front of a mounted flat screen tv. Below the tv screen is their moved coffee table. A play station 5, xbox, and a wii are placed on the coffee table. On both desks on either side of the room is a whole PC set up. Two monitors on each with headsets.

Clothes are strung about the beds with papers and textbooks scattered, but they seem to keep their gaming set up spotless. It's nice to know people have priorities.

"So is everything okay in here? We heard glass brea-"

"The names Tommy." He says, completely disregarding Nick's comment. He holds out his hand and heartily greets Clay and Nick.

"I'm Nick and this is Clay."

"Ah yes, the.. Americans." Tommy says dramatically, grinning and squinting his eyes. He's making a very faint grumbling noise under his breath. He continues to nod and smile. Clay and Nick soon realize that Tommy may not like Americans, and are unsure if this is has turned into a threat or not.

"I heard about you a couple days ago actually." Tommy's voice turns very light. He raises his eyebrows, and places his hands on his hips. "But I didn't know we were gonna be neighbors!" He looks over to Clay. "You are a tall one. How tall would you say you are?"

"6'3."

"Huh. Me too."

Before Clay can mention the obvious height difference between them, someone else joins the room.

"Tommy, you can't just bring people in here for no reason." He sighs, his voice muffled.

Nick and Clay turn around and see a guy holding two drinks and a bag of food in his mouth. He's wearing a beanie along with his uniform.

"No man, these are our roomies!"

He mouth opens with excitement, dropping the bag of food. "Let's gooo!"

"Nick, Clay, this is Quackity."

"Stop calling me that!" He quickly defends, making Tommy let out a loud laugh. "My name is Alex. Don't listen to that child."